Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Urgent! Urgent! Urgent! Urgent! Question About M$B! 
Extraordinary

Post Urgent! Urgent! Urgent! Urgent! Question About M$B!
Ok guys, if someone knows the 'twist', does that ruin the film experience?

Unfortunately, I think I know what might happen towards the end, that thing that is said to change the whole film entirely (like, something happens to a character).

Does that mean the film has been ruined for me?

Damn it, I wish it would be easier to stay away from such stuff.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

Good movies are re-watchable for the performances, believeablility, and the willingness of the mind to connect to the characters, place yourself in there situation, and such and so forth.

If any type of movie would be ruined by knowing twists it is a horror movie, but even then it is nothing serious.

You will still be able to enjoy the film, I however wouldn't wanna know!

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Edit: Nevermind. I thought you were referring to a specific movie.

It really depends on the type of movie. For example, I knew about the twist in the matrix before I saw it, but I still enjoyed the movie a ton because there was so much other cool stuff happening, that I didn't care.
However, if the movie revolves entirely around the twist, like the Village, then knowing it beforehand ruins it.

Double edit: So you were referring to a specific movie. :oops:

I have yet to see MDB, but I look forward to it more now that I know that there's going to be a twist at the end.

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Last edited by Plot on Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
I'm Batman

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:59 pm
All Star Poster

My sister saw it without me :(, and she said that everyone, male and female, left the theatre crying. She said it was really good.

Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

There is no twist in Million Dollar Baby, there are just events that when play out in order are rather shocking.

Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

I tell you it can ruin a movie, even a great one, because you know in advance what happens and that robs you of whatever dramatic tension and supense might have been there for you. I had a few "twisty" movies ruined for me and I wonder what it would have been like to have seen them without the spoilers.

Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:10 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

It's not really a twist, my idea of a twist is like Sixth Sense or Village, not M$B. Its a fantastic movie, obviously if you know something big that happens in a movie that would hurt your movie experience a bit, but its not gonna stop you from enjoying the movie, can you tell me the parts you know, so I can tell you if it does really hurt the movie for you.

Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]