Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sequels that should have been made 
Draughty

Post Sequels that should have been made
What sequels do you think should have been made but weren't.

For example, The Sum of All Fears was popular and generally well received, people pretty much liked it and it made money. Yet no Jack Ryan movie followups with Affleck? Strange. It's not like SOAF was a rare stand alone work of art, they should make the sequel already, it's very over due. Affleck isn't a good actor but he was good in this, he fit the part.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Right now the only one i can think of is Swordfish.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Supergirl.
The Thing.
Big Trouble in Little China.
The Goonies.

Although most of those films work well on their own, and sequels would've probably only lessened their impact as standalone works, I still can't help but wonder how great a sequel to each would be. I mean, does anyone really believe that they said all they wanted to say with just one Supergirl movie? I know I don't.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:13 pm

Post Re: Sequels that should have been made
Archie Gates wrote:

For example, The Sum of All Fears was popular and generally well received, people pretty much liked it and it made money. Yet no Jack Ryan movie followups with Affleck? Strange. It's not like SOAF was a rare stand alone work of art, they should make the sequel already, it's very over due. Affleck isn't a good actor but he was good in this, he fit the part.

I'm goign to have disagree. Affleck was a pretty lackluster Ryanin comparison to Alex Baldwin and Harrison Ford. Morgan Freeman was given little to due, and the cnahgesf rom the book made the movieplot just seem stupid to me. I am sick and tired of the enemy always beeing Nazi's or Russians. Had the writers not be so afraid post 9/11 to upset people they could have made an interesting movie basedon the text where the terrorists are from Afghanistan.

I am relly having a hard time thinking of a movie that needed a sequel.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:18 pm
All Star Poster

Ripper wrote:
Archie Gates wrote:

I'm goign to have disagree. Affleck was a pretty lackluster Ryanin comparison to Alex Baldwin and Harrison Ford. Morgan Freeman was given little to due, and the cnahgesf rom the book made the movieplot just seem stupid to me. I am sick and tired of the enemy always beeing Nazi's or Russians. Had the writers not be so afraid post 9/11 to upset people they could have made an interesting movie basedon the text where the terrorists are from Afghanistan.

I can sort of agree with you there(little trouble reading your post :wink: ) I mean it wasn't such a great movie after all, and as for the other Jack Ryan movies I dont how this one stacks up as I have yet to see them. And by the way I love it when the bad guys are Russian, but British are far more effective i think. :)

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:23 pm
Profile WWW

hans wrote:
I can sort of agree with you there(little trouble reading your post :wink: ) I mean it wasn't such a great movie after all, and as for the other Jack Ryan movies I dont how this one stacks up as I have yet to see them. And by the way I love it when the bad guys are Russian, but British are far more effective i think. :)

I shoudl ada anote to all my posts, I am drugged up on vicodin (had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday,a ll4 of them), so my ability to write coherent sentences is even worse then normal :wink:

I think The Hunt for Red October is the best one, so watch it :wink:

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:46 pm
Golfaholic

Ripper wrote:
hans wrote:

I shoudl ada anote to all my posts, I am drugged up on vicodin (had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday,a ll4 of them), so my ability to write coherent sentences is even worse then normal :wink:

I agree, though Patriot Games is a close second. The scene on the highway when Ford sees the smoke and just knows his family is involved is awesome!

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:48 pm

Levy wrote:
Ripper wrote:
hans wrote:

I agree, though Patriot Games is a close second. The scene on the highway when Ford sees the smoke and just knows his family is involved is awesome!

Definitely, Clear and Present Danger was good as well. The Sum of All Fears is the only one I hate.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:49 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Ripper wrote:

No way! I'm having one of my wisdom teeth out in about two weeks! They're putting me under for it and everything! Apparently there's a chance of permanent nerve damage because of the way the tooth has grown in! Woo!!

Is it painful?

!

Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:19 pm
now we know

I always thought either Tango & Cash or Demolition Man should have been given a sequel.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

That'd be really cool, though you better not let dolce see that message. She'll flip. :wink:

Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:03 pm
All Star Poster

hans wrote:

That'd be really cool, though you better not let dolce see that message. She'll flip. :wink:

huh?

Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:
hans wrote:

huh?

dolcevita has a deep hatred for Swordfish. :wink:

Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:06 pm
All Star Poster

hans wrote:
Zingaling wrote:
hans wrote:

huh?

why? I liked it very much :?

Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:08 pm
Profile WWW

The only part of Swordfish I bothered to watch was when Halle bared her breasts...downlaoded it off Kazaa, the rest of the movie seemed uninteresting.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:07 pm
Draughty

hans wrote:
Zingaling wrote:
hans wrote:

huh?

You sure that isn't just a dietary thing?

Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

The only part of Swordfish I bothered to watch was when Halle bared her breasts...downlaoded it off Kazaa, the rest of the movie seemed uninteresting.

That was a highlight, but the fim overall was brilliant, so slick and coooool ;)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I enjoyed Swordfish quite a bit. I can already see Swordfish 2: Hook, Line, and Sinker getting made.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:46 pm
Lord of filth

The Passion of the Christ 2: The Passion of the Electric Boogaloo

I strain to think of needed sequels that are not part of an already established series (Bond, Harry Potter, Hobbit, etc.).

Actually, as much as the style bothers me, I think Underworld would benefit from a sequel if it did more to expand and enlargen the world while staying character focused (and better written).

Is there an Underworld sequel?

A lot of people would mention Unbreakable, but I like it as stand alone.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Actually, as much as the style bothers me, I think Underworld would benefit from a sequel if it did more to expand and enlargen the world while staying character focused (and better written).

Is there an Underworld sequel?

There is a second and third coming out, i cannot wait.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

I can't wait for the Underworld sequels. :D

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:23 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

An Unbreakable sequel would have been good, but as a stand alone it also works very well.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:38 am
Draughty

Ripper wrote:
Archie Gates wrote:

I used to be bothered when you disagree with me, since you are obviously smart. But lately I prefer to view it as you are verbally spanking me.

Anyway on to the subject, when I say need a sequel, in my view truly great movies don't need one. But the kind of B movie just light entertainment films should get them, like say Galaxy Quest of A Fish Called Wanda, blatantly commercial movies, no reason not to have a sequel.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:23 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

For the longest time I was hoping for a sequel to the Mask of Zorro - looks like my hopes have come true too! :D Other sequels I'd like to see include:

The Italian Job 2
Hellboy 2
Deep Blue Sea 2
The Mummy 3 (Scorpion King sooooo doesn't count...)
Torque 2 :twisted:
LXG 2
Bad Boys III
Another movie with Bruce Campbell as Ash, Army of Darkness II, Evil Dead IV, Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash, ANYTHING!
Deep Rising 2

Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:08 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Ripper wrote:
hans wrote:

You poor thing.. I to had all 4 of my wisom teeth taken out when I was at sea when I was in the Navy.. I feel your pain Baby.. Come here and let me hold you and rock you to sleep..:wink: As for the best movie featuring the character of Jack Ryan?? I'd have to go with "Clear and Present Danger".. Great Cast, Great story and Harrison Ford really is the only one who should be playing Jack Ryan..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next