Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Harry Knowles Top 20 Must See Movies of 2005=LOL!! 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Harry Knowles Top 20 Must See Movies of 2005=LOL!!
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=19064

Jesus Christ.. Counting back from #20 to #10 shows a list of the most boring films imaginable and then from #10, it looks more interesting.. The one thing that boggles the mind here the most was the fact that he left off ROTS and BATMAN BEGINS from the Top 20 Must see list basically with him apologizing for it and insinuating the marketing and production values just don't grab him.. :lol: You've got to be fucking kidding me??? Wait'll the Batfans see this shit, plus, whether you hated the 1st 2 SW Prequel movies or not, EPISODE III REALLY is the REAL EPISODE I, what everyone wanted EPISODE I to be and wasn't and how could it not be?? How could anyone not get excited at that trailer with The Incredibles"??? He has KING KONG pegged as his #1 Must See movie of 2005, but come on?? This movie has just as much chance at being fucked up as the rest of them whether Jackson's directing it or not..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:41 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

A few good choices, but most, I have not heard of.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:44 am
All Star Poster

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Post Re: Harry Knowles Top 20 Must See Movies of 2005=LOL!!
BKB_The_Man wrote:
plus, whether you hated the 1st 2 SW Prequel movies or not, EPISODE III REALLY is the REAL EPISODE I etc...[/b]
:? You're implying that Harry likes neither ROTS nor Batman. In reality, he likes ROTS so much that he's afraid to put it in the top 20.

You can rail on about Harry not liking Batman. But you cannot rail on Harry for not liking Star Wars.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

He puts Michael Bay's The Island in his top 20 yet he doesnt even include SW or Batman in his list. I wonder how much the studios really pay him

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

It seems like he's gone out of his way to pick unexpected films that make him look like quite the cinephile. I'm sure really he's looking forward to Batman Begins more than he is "IN THE REALMS OF THE UNREAL: THE MYSTERY OF HENRY DARGER", but saying so wouldn't do anything to make him look more intellectual and culturally refined than you or I.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:33 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

It seems like he's gone out of his way to pick unexpected films that make him look like quite the cinephile. I'm sure really he's looking forward to Batman Begins more than he is "IN THE REALMS OF THE UNREAL: THE MYSTERY OF HENRY DARGER", but saying so wouldn't do anything to make him look more intellectual and culturally refined than you or I.

Come on now. He has a freaking Michael Bay film in his anticipated list. The same freaking guy who brought us Armageddon, Pearl Harbor and Bad Boys 2. It doesnt make him look any cinephile

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:38 pm
now we know

10 (SinCity) and 3 (newWorld) are the best of his somwehat crap list.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

A most anticipated list without batman or star wars isnt a most anticipated movie list.

Hell thats over half a billion in domestic gross, whata fool.

KJ

Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I am a regular participant in an SF convention program in Boston every year called "Arisia" -- (http://arisia.org) -- I'm on various panels, some about animation since that is my specialty. Anyway, Harry Knowles is one of the guests this year. I'll try to ask him about that list!

Last edited by Groucho on Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

nice to see land of the dead on the list :)

Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:53 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

I am a regular participant in an SF convention program in Boston every year called "Arisia" -- [url](http://arisia.org)[/url] -- I'm on various panels, some about animation since that is my specialty. Anyway, Harry Knowles is one of the guests this year. I'll try to ask him about that list![/url]

Cool! Please let us know how it goes, and whether you get to chat with Knowles.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:07 pm

A most anticipated list without batman or star wars isnt a most anticipated movie list.

KJ

:lol: Isn't that something??? But then again, Harry will tell you that box office doesn't matter and I hate to say this, but is that statement really true anymore??? I mean, if box office doesn't equate a good movie, then how come we focus so much on it in the Media and here on sites like this so much??? Isn't the focus and measure of a films success nowadays do largely in part to it's box office gross???

Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Eagle wrote:

KJ

:lol: Isn't that something??? But then again, Harry will tell you that box office doesn't matter and I hate to say this, but is that statement really true anymore??? I mean, if box office doesn't equate a good movie, then how come we focus so much on it in the Media and here on sites like this so much??? Isn't the focus and measure of a films success nowadays do largely in part to it's box office gross???

Box office gross dosen't determine whether its a good movie or not. Look at all the indies, and smaller flims that had virtually now box office run...21 grams,garden state...ect

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:00 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:
Eagle wrote:

KJ

Box office gross dosen't determine whether its a good movie or not. Look at all the indies, and smaller flims that had virtually now box office run...21 grams,garden state...ect

It almost has to determine whether it's good or bad in some way.. I mean, a movie like one of the 2 SW Prequels that has been sliced and diced throughout the Media and Cynics among the fanbase don't gross what they do from merely Bad WOM alone.. They have to be doing something right if the repeat viewing factor is there to give it that momentum to make what they do.. If a movie truly is as bad as some have made out of MENACE and AOTC, Then it wouldn't of made what it did if it were really that bad.. For a movie franchise that has a fanbase more divided than any other, for it to make on an average now, 300 Million dollars and do so domestically has to at some point ring true about box office being a measurement of it's success... If it were really that bad, moviegoers wouldn't continue to pump $$$ into a movie and keep doing so if it sucked that bad..

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]