Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 BKB Here With Brand New "WAR OF THE WORLD" Pics.. 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post BKB Here With Brand New "WAR OF THE WORLD" Pics..
http://www.dreamworksfansite.com/waroft ... allery.php

Very cool!!! Boy for as fast as Spielberg is throwing this together, I hope the finished final product is as good as the pics look??? I worry that Spielberg is throwing this together far too fast just to get it out for the Summer of 2005 to compete against his buddy George Lucas.. :wink:

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:27 am
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

It's going to suffer, if they don't back it up to a holiday season release. They just started this not long ago, and the post production stuff for this kind of film is going to take quite a bit of time to complete, so I am seeing the rush shining through in the finished product.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:50 am
Where will you be?

:o Am I the only one who thinks that Mirando Otto looks realllly different from her role just recently as Eowyn? I suppose she's a bit in between this and that in Flight of the Phoenix, but for some reason, I was just really surprised by the picture... :?

Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:09 am

It's going to suffer, if they don't back it up to a holiday season release. They just started this not long ago, and the post production stuff for this kind of film is going to take quite a bit of time to complete, so I am seeing the rush shining through in the finished product.

What's the release date for this?? June??? Why don't he just release this around Christmas to counteract against PJ's KING KONG??? I'd see War of the Worlds 1st before I saw another retread of KING KONG..

Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

What's the release date for this?? June??? Why don't he just release this around Christmas to counteract against PJ's KING KONG??? I'd see War of the Worlds 1st before I saw another retread of KING KONG..

July 4th weekend, last I heard. The same weekend as Fantastic Four. Somebody is going to have to budge, or both are going to suffer if WOM isn't absolutely sensational.

Holy shit, MovieDude, I didn't even realize that was Miranda Otto. She looks like she's gained some weight. She looks good in the ROTK extras. Much better than she looks as Eowyn. Maybe she was recently pregnant, but that picture definitely looks like she is heavier than her LOTR days.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:29 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:

July 4th weekend, last I heard. The same weekend as Fantastic Four. Somebody is going to have to budge, or both are going to suffer if WOM isn't absolutely sensational.

Holy shit, MovieDude, I didn't even realize that was Miranda Otto. She looks like she's gained some weight. She looks good in the ROTK extras. Much better than she looks as Eowyn. Maybe she was recently pregnant, but that picture definitely looks like she is heavier than her LOTR days.

If Spielberg pulls this off and makes a fortune with this movie, then he might be the greatest director ever to make a movie like this as fast as he's doing and reap a profit out of it... I mean, before all these pics, I didn't even know there was gonna be a "War of the Worlds" remake on top of being released just several months from now at that...

Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:04 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

BKB_The_Man wrote:

No way they keep the weekend. Right now Paramount/Dreamworks and Fox are just going to see which blinks first. I think that we'll know depending on how well the Fantastic Four trailer that will be attached to Elektra and Superbowl spot are recieived.

And yeah, I didn't know it was Miranda Otto at first either. I know she's not pregnant, so unless Spielberg is trying to give her padding and the hair to make her seem more like an average person then a Hollywood superstar (which I doubt), she definitely has gained some weight. Personally it caught me off guard, but I don't really think it's a big deal. I just hope the tabloids don't havea field day, as they always do. Weight gain is the thing they love to grill people about the most from what I can tell.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:13 am
All Star Poster

Maverikk wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

No way they keep the weekend. Right now Paramount/Dreamworks and Fox are just going to see which blinks first. I think that we'll know depending on how well the Fantastic Four trailer that will be attached to Elektra and Superbowl spot are recieived.

And yeah, I didn't know it was Miranda Otto at first either. I know she's not pregnant, so unless Spielberg is trying to give her padding and the hair to make her seem more like an average person then a Hollywood superstar (which I doubt), she definitely has gained some weight. Personally it caught me off guard, but I don't really think it's a big deal. I just hope the tabloids don't havea field day, as they always do. Weight gain is the thing they love to grill people about the most from what I can tell.

doesnt look to me shes gained much weight :? looks like padding or something for the character

Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:32 am
Profile WWW
now we know

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:07 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

If you see spielberg in inside the actors studio he says that he always works at a fast pace.Spielberg knows what he is doing,hell,a month before jurassic park was set to open spielberg shot some new shots,the one with the t-rex killing the raptors.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

Some of those picks on the link (not posted in this thread, you have to follow the link in the first post) make it look like a horror movie.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]