Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Ahhh, See "The Amityville Horror" Trailer In Quick 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Ahhh, See "The Amityville Horror" Trailer In Quick
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=19004

Now normally I'm not into remakes of horror movies like this and it's purely understandable for today's generation to think this movie sucks and isn't scary because movies like this back in the 70's relied on psychological horror more than gore like you see in todays horror movies and for me, I loved this movie back when it came out and still do to this day... I love how the house in the original 1979 film looked like it should've and looked and felt more like a documentary then a horror movie... However, I enjoyed watching the creepiness of this new trailer for the film due out on April 15th, 2005, but I don't like how they rebuilt the house and made it look to tall and almost like they borrowed it from "The Cat in the Hat" set, but I'm willing to let a minor thing like that go and perhaps, maybe it will grow on me.. For now, I think it blows, but at least they kept the creepy opening music in there with the little girl singing like the original.. If you haven't read the book, read it.. Truly one of the scarier novels I've read and did so when I was 13 and it's amazing what your imagination as a kid will do to you.. As for everyone saying it was a hoax??? I don't believe that regardless of what they'll tell you for the simple reason that 2 of the Worlds leading top Psychics/Claravoyance spent the night in the house(Ed and Lorraine Warren) and they said there was definitely something very uneasy about that house and the one picture they took upstairs when blown up showed an apparition of a little boy with glowing eyes peering out of the bedroom that was not captured on film when they took it.. I'll see if I can locate it, but in the meantime, check it out..:shock:

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:12 am
Profile WWW

http://www.warrens.net/amityville2.htm

http://www.prairieghosts.com/amityville.html

Here are some pics of this from the 2 Leading World Psychic's/Claravoyants... Fucking creepy... :shock:

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/

Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:20 am
Profile WWW

http://ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct04/amityville.htm

Scroll down just a tad and you'll see the pic of the boy that appeared in the pics not there when they took the pictures in the beginning.. :shock:

Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:42 am
Profile WWW
Site Owner

And those ghost pictures are so fake its funny.

KJ

Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

It looks interesting I might try the book.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:20 am
Profile YIM WWW

Looks OK

And those ghost pictures are so fake its funny.

KJ

See?? It's Cynicism and Skepticism displayed like what you've done that pisses me off to the max.. :roll: How do you honestly know their fake?? How??? I think the reason you seem to think there so fake is because your a non-believer in this sort of thing and don't believe til you see it for your own eyes.. Contrary to what you miht believe, there is a spiritual world and were all going to meet it at some point.. There's no getting around it..

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: Ahhh, See "The Amityville Horror" Trailer In Q
BKB_The_Man wrote:

Now normally I'm not into remakes of horror movies like this and it's purely understandable for today's generation to think this movie sucks and isn't scary because movies like this back in the 70's relied on psychological horror more than gore like you see in todays horror movies and for me, I loved this movie back when it came out and still do to this day... I love how the house in the original 1979 film looked like it should've and looked and felt more like a documentary then a horror movie... However, I enjoyed watching the creepiness of this new trailer for the film due out on April 15th, 2005, but I don't like how they rebuilt the house and made it look to tall and almost like they borrowed it from "The Cat in the Hat" set, but I'm willing to let a minor thing like that go and perhaps, maybe it will grow on me.. For now, I think it blows, but at least they kept the creepy opening music in there with the little girl singing like the original.. If you haven't read the book, read it.. Truly one of the scarier novels I've read and did so when I was 13 and it's amazing what your imagination as a kid will do to you.. As for everyone saying it was a hoax??? I don't believe that regardless of what they'll tell you for the simple reason that 2 of the Worlds leading top Psychics/Claravoyance spent the night in the house(Ed and Lorraine Warren) and they said there was definitely something very uneasy about that house and the one picture they took upstairs when blown up showed an apparition of a little boy with glowing eyes peering out of the bedroom that was not captured on film when they took it.. I'll see if I can locate it, but in the meantime, check it out..:shock:

Wouldn't you have been like 3 when this first came out?

Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:01 pm

lovemerox wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

I'm 38 so do the math.. I was born in July of 1966 and this came out, what?? In 1979 so I was around 13... I thought the original was awesome myself and the house loked the way it should VS how they rebuilt it for the remake.....

Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

BKB_The_Man wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

I'm 38 so do the math.. I was born in July of 1966 and this came out, what?? In 1979 so I was around 13... I thought the original was awesome myself and the house loked the way it should VS how they rebuilt it for the remake.....

Ooops thought you were younger

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:02 am
Forum General

I am looking forward to this myself. I think they can really make a good movie out of this. I wasn't very excited at first because the original is without a doubt the most overrated movie I have ever seen. I am not into gore fests either. I rented this, going by the "classic horror movie" term I hear about it all the time. IT was insulting to the horror genre. The acting was terrible! and It was not scary at all.....

HOWEVER the remake looks friggen awesome and I cannot wait. The trailer has put this movie into my most anticipated list!

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:04 am
Veteran

I am looking forward to this myself. I think they can really make a good movie out of this. I wasn't very excited at first because the original is without a doubt the most overrated movie I have ever seen. I am not into gore fests either. I rented this, going by the "classic horror movie" term I hear about it all the time. IT was insulting to the horror genre. The acting was terrible! and It was not scary at all.....

HOWEVER the remake looks friggen awesome and I cannot wait. The trailer has put this movie into my most anticipated list!

I wish you lived close Bill cause you would be fun to go see this movie with.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:

I wish you lived close Bill cause you would be fun to go see this movie with.

Awww it would be fun!

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:46 am
Veteran

Awww it would be fun!

and I would not touch your pop corn :lol:

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:56 am
Profile YIM WWW
problem?

I showed my 8 year old niece the trailer (I've never really shielded her from scary movies; I showed her Scream when she was 3), and she didn't find it scary, at all. She watched it like five times, and she really wants to see it. I'm not sure that's a good thing, though. :P

Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:59 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

You know I noticed something. Yet again, BKB compared a film to ... Cat in the Hat?

Are you obessessed with that film or what?

Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:44 am

You know I noticed something. Yet again, BKB compared a film to ... Cat in the Hat?

Are you obessessed with that film or what?

Yeah, I know I did, but it was the 1st thing that popped in my head after seeing how the new house the studio built looked in recreating this and, well, it does.. :lol: It just looks more slender and taller than the original and that is the 1 thing I loved and still love about the original was the fact that the film felt more like a documentary then a movie and the house just looked more genuine like the novel, but I am willing to give this a definite chance.. I do like the opening narration like the TCM Remake and original..

Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:05 am
Profile WWW

The Original sucked.

I'm sorry to hear that.. I guess I couldn't blame on you on feeling that way being born in a generation today that commands instant gratification on horror films based on the amount of gore that are in them and being passed off as horror, then yeah, one might think the 1979 Amityville Horror sucked.. But back then, horror relied on psychological more than gore and that's where I enjoyed the original.. I'm sure the remake will stay closer to the novel with the family fleeing after 28 days instead of 21 in the original, but the 1 strike against it is the recreation the studio did in making the house cause it looks too tall and not like the original which loked more like the documentary..

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

neo_wolf wrote:
The Original sucked.

I'm sorry to hear that.. I guess I couldn't blame on you on feeling that way being born in a generation today that commands instant gratification on horror films based on the amount of gore that are in them and being passed off as horror, then yeah, one might think the 1979 Amityville Horror sucked.. But back then, horror relied on psychological more than gore and that's where I enjoyed the original.. I'm sure the remake will stay closer to the novel with the family fleeing after 28 days instead of 21 in the original, but the 1 strike against it is the recreation the studio did in making the house cause it looks too tall and not like the original which loked more like the documentary..

Ignorant fool.

My top 10 horror film list.
1.The Exorcist(1973)
2.Night of the living dead(1968)
3.The Texas chainsaw massacre(original)(1974)
4.Nightmare on elm street(1984)
5.Halloween(1978)
6.Jaws(1975)
7.Carrie(1976)
8.Psyhco(1960)
9.The Omen(1976)
10.Suspiria(1977)

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I actually prefer psychological horror then gore-fests myself, but I still did not like the original Amittyville Horror. I felt it was just too slow and did not actually scare me at all.

A few of my favorites though:

Jaws
The Ring
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original)
Nightmare on Elm Street (actually liked all of the first four that I've seen)

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:13 pm
Horror Hound

The trailer ROCKED.

and this will be one of the biggest horror movies of 2005.

(Along with RING 2 and THE FOG)

Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]