Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sin City Trailer!! 
Vagina Qwertyuiop

It's a damn fine trailer. It's just a shame that the 10 minute teaser footage floating around the net is so bloody awful. That scene with Josh Hartnett shooting the girl on the balcony is just terrible. The dialogue, the acting... *vomits*

Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:38 am
Extraordinary

It's a damn fine trailer. It's just a shame that the 10 minute teaser footage floating around the net is so bloody awful. That scene with Josh Hartnett shooting the girl on the balcony is just terrible. The dialogue, the acting... *vomits*

I thought it was supposed to be cliche-ridden, no? I took it as a conscious effort to mimick those cheesy film noir-type films, which is why the footage as a whole worked for me.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

I didn't like the footage. Get rid of it. The teaser alone left a better taste in my mouth, still knowing it was cliche. Sorry. Blech.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Where will you be?

Well, one reason I think the teaser wasn't as good was that that aside from the balcony scene, they didn't have any of the green screen effects finished, making it look like a Lars Von Trier movie :lol: :wink: . As for the balcony scene itself, I thought it nailed the film-noir thing. It's all a matter of taste I suppose, some people like the cheesy pulp thing, some don't.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:53 pm
life begins now

Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:24 pm
Profile YIM
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Boy, I guess I'm gonna feel awkward saying this, but I'm not getting it.. :? What was so good about this trailer cause I'm just not seeing what your all seeing??? Is this something you have to be a fan of or what?? I suppose if I'm by a bookstore, I'll have to check it out and see what all the fuss is over but for now, I think this looks odd.. This sort of reminds me of some sort of Hellboy type of comic and if so, I don't see this doing very well and will appeal to comic lovers only..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Boy, I guess I'm gonna feel awkward saying this, but I'm not getting it.. :? What was so good about this trailer cause I'm just not seeing what your all seeing??? Is this something you have to be a fan of or what?? I suppose if I'm by a bookstore, I'll have to check it out and see what all the fuss is over but for now, I think this looks odd.. This sort of reminds me of some sort of Hellboy type of comic and if so, I don't see this doing very well and will appeal to comic lovers only..

I've never read a page of Frank Miller's graphic novels, and I thought it looked amazing, for the cast and style alone. I've also showed it to a lot of people, many of whom tend to be extremely close minded about what films they'll see, and they thought this looked great.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:27 am
The Original

It looks very interesting (actually damn fine :D ) So it easy joins my List of most anticipated 2005.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:53 pm
College Boy Z

It looks very interesting. I'll probably check it out, but I can tell right now, this will not be a hit. It'll do The Punisher numbers.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:01 pm

I liked that scene, it had agreat noir feel..Harnett not exactly the champ of scting form what I have scene and someone les sbaby faced probably would have worked better.

This sis easily my most anticpated film, everything between now and then is just meh. SIn City is the one movie I am really excited about.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:36 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Snrub wrote:

I liked that scene, it had agreat noir feel..Harnett not exactly the champ of scting form what I have scene and someone les sbaby faced probably would have worked better.

This sis easily my most anticpated film, everything between now and then is just meh. SIn City is the one movie I am really excited about.

And to think I wanted to bear your child! No more!! :x

Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:43 pm

Ripper wrote:
Snrub wrote:

Fine, we'll just have mindless sex!

Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:45 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Snrub wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Snrub wrote:

Fine, but I won't enjoy it! And the moment either of us gets pregnant I'll kill you good!

Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:48 pm

Ripper wrote:
Snrub wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Snrub wrote:

Fine, but I won't enjoy it! And the moment either of us gets pregnant I'll kill you good!

yea, well I will enjoy it! And the moment you think eitehr of us are pregnat, I'll kill you1

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:03 pm
Extraordinary

Does anyone know what the song is in the background of the trailer?

EDIT- Found the track name (Cells by The Servant) but I can't seem to find an mp3 anywhere...

Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:59 pm
Killing With Kindness

EDIT- Found the track name (Cells by The Servant) but I can't seem to find an mp3 anywhere...

PE#1 your sig ROCKS!!!! 8)

its awesome :!:

Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:28 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

publicenemy#1 wrote:

PE#1 your sig ROCKS!!!! 8)

its awesome :!:

Thanks! :D April is SO far away... :wink:

Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:31 am
Extraordinary

Hey guys, uploaded the song from the background of the trailer. :D I wish I had an instrumental though... Oh well, the song's great.

http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0P1T ... WRSSF95K8W

Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2