Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Critics are stupid. Go watch Blade 3 
Commander and Chef

Post Critics are stupid. Go watch Blade 3
Its a great action flick. Mind you, its not an intelligent action flick. Hell this movie had so many loose tie ins, you could .. well .. I dont know what you could do with them ... police standing around while 3 guys walk pass them, one old rinky dinky dodge caravan crashes into 2 police cars and the police just stare, people walking in broad daylight with swords and bows, women screaming at the top of their lungs and no one coming to check ....

But who cares .... the action .. sigh .. the action ... blade delivered ... it was awesome .. sword fighting, kik ass gun and kick combos, jumping from building to building, cool moves ... an all round fun movie.

character development?? Not really .. after 3 movies, do you really need anymore .. enjoy it as fun action .. nothing more .... tis good stuff.

Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I'm thinking of going tomorrow. Can't wait.

Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:51 pm
College Boy Z

Glad you liked it bABA. After the C's and D's I was seeing, I started to worry. I'm going tomorrow night! :D

Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:08 pm
George A. Romero

i saw it tonight and loved it. great action flick.

B+

Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:14 pm
Extraordinary

I think that people shouldnt let film critics influence their decisions in seeing a film.

Anyway,IMO blade trinity is one of the worse films of the year.

Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:49 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Re: Critics are stupid. Go watch Blade 3
bABA wrote:
Its a great action flick. Mind you, its not an intelligent action flick. Hell this movie had so many loose tie ins, you could .. well .. I dont know what you could do with them ... police standing around while 3 guys walk pass them, one old rinky dinky dodge caravan crashes into 2 police cars and the police just stare, people walking in broad daylight with swords and bows, women screaming at the top of their lungs and no one coming to check ....

But who cares .... the action .. sigh .. the action ... blade delivered ... it was awesome .. sword fighting, kik ass gun and kick combos, jumping from building to building, cool moves ... an all round fun movie.

character development?? Not really .. after 3 movies, do you really need anymore .. enjoy it as fun action .. nothing more .... tis good stuff.

Do we need anymore character development?? Sure we do, otherwise people will bitch that the film didn't have any, right?? :lol: Gotta have that... So with you finally seeing BLADE III and giving it your personal endorsement, do you think maybe, just MAYBE it's time to put a fork in this franchise and bury it after 3 movies or does Hollywood once again setup another sequel to this, a BLADE IV???

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:03 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Paul

"THE MAN"

Anderson

IN

to sprinkle his magic dust on the project. :)

Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:42 am
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

They can even bring in
Paul
"THE MAN"
Anderson
IN
to sprinkle his magic dust on the project. :)

Coccaine would explain a large part of his career.

Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Yes, even though I'd like to see mroe of Blade, this is a good time to put the franchise to rest. It served its purpose and opened the gates for Marvel to get its other heros onscreen.

Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Now, that's more like it after that recent article about critics. :P

I'll see it today. :)

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:23 am
Profile ICQ
Commander and Chef

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
I think that people shouldnt let film critics influence their decisions in seeing a film.

Anyway,IMO blade trinity is one of the worse films of the year.

I think critics opinions should only be used to see if you agree with their points of view, their likes and dislikes about the movies, then you can see if you want to follow their final decision.

For example, they would tell you to rent Citizen Kane over movies like Blade or the critically hated Kranks but some people like action / violence or comedy / Christmas or are just in the mood for them.

To each their own. And to hell with critics, for me.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:16 am
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

I plan on seeing it really soon. Screw the damn critics! :twisted:

Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Homo Dperious

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:43 am
Profile ICQ
I was shocked at how clumsy the film was. I can't believe New Line and Marvel would let this happen. The Blade films have always been very enjoyable but this installment veers so far off course. Since David S. Goyer wrote all three films, it makes this mess even more confusing. Maybe he needs to stop watching rap videos.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:44 am
Commander and Chef

I know the entire movie had soooooooooooooooo many plot holes and stupidity but it was still fun to watch!!

Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:49 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

It's filled with plot holes, but it's the most entertaining movie I saw this year. :D

Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:58 am
Christian's #1 Fan

Most of it was fun to watch, but it came off as a music video with all style and no substance. Then again, it wasn't as if the story hadn't been twice already, so perhaps more substance was not needed.

Overall, while I enjoyed the film, its not something I would recommend rushing out to see in theaters. Its more of a "rental" movie. The lowest of the series, but still enjoyable. C+

Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:00 am
Wall-E

And what the hell happened to Whistler?

"My god, what have I done!"
-David Goyer

Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Are we to think all the agents who raided Blade's hideout were evil? I didn't get that impression and I think many innocent officers died.

Kinda weird for a Marvel hero isn't it. Or antihero.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:17 pm
Wall-E

Post SPOILER ALERT
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Kinda weird for a Marvel hero isn't it. Or antihero.

Don't even bother to look for any logic in that ending. They might as well have included a scene with the Hand of God reaching down from heaven to retrieve his sword.

Goyer's a good writer, but he has zero talent as a director. I've seen nore exciting vampire action on the Buffy TV show.

SPOILER COMING

Again: What happened to Whistler? the little girl?

I think they just shut down production on this turkey before they could get all the shots they needed for the ending. They'll be lucky to make 50 mil, which is a sad way to end what should've been a strong franchise.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I thought this movie was awful...sorry. Biel was the only good thing about it

Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:27 pm
I was dissapointed, but still generally liked it.
I found the second half much better than the first. I did start laughing hysterically when John Michael Higgins (Vance) came in and said better leave it to the professionals. He played Wayne Jarvis, a lawyer on Arrested Development who would use one adjective to describe himself: professional.
Was anyone else surprised by how many comedians were in this movie?
Ryan Reynolds, Parker Posey, John Michael Higgins, Patton Oswalt, Natasha Lyonne. I guess they knew that Wesley Snipes wasn't going to be that much fun on set so they decided to fill it with as many funny people as they could.
I also thought that it was lacking in the villain category. Blade had Deacon Frost, a great villain who was the best of the Blade villains, Blade II had Nomak which was a good villain as well, but Blade:Trinity had Parker Posey as the "lead" vamp who runs away anytime a fight breaks out and a lame Dracula (i refuse to call him Drake).
Dracula didn't seem to have much of a purpose, he was either wandering around or babysitting the little girl.
I think another reason that i liked the first half less was that about 40% of it was slo-mo power shots. It seemed that every time Parker Posey's character entered a room she did it in slo-mo. Also Blade, Abigail, and (i also have trouble with this name) Hannibal King seemed to slo-mo walk everywhere they went. Back to that name, that could not have been his real name. I mean, HANNIBAL KING?!?!?
What was the point of Dracula showing up at good-guy-central looking like Whistler?
Dracula didn't seem to need to posses any special skills to kill all the White Hats that easily, so why didn't the vamps just do that in the first place?
Also, whose idea was it to have the blind woman watch the security cameras?!?!
I liked the action, though the Blade-Drac fight was uneventful.
Ryan Reynolds (cause i will not say that dreadful name again) was actually pretty funny. I did find the thing with the dog to be humorous.
Triple H was pretty good as a henchman, he could have a long, successful career ahead of him as henchman #2.
Whistler's was barely in the movie, and his death lacked punch.
I know that this seemed like a lot of negative, but i did generally like it.
I was expecting a lot of vamp action and it delivered in that category.
C+ overall. (Blade got a solid B, and Blade II got a C+ as well)

This has nothing to do with Blade: Trinity, but i really liked Karen from Blade. She was never even mentioned in Blade II and i would have liked some kind of reference as to where she went.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:19 pm

the only reason my freind wants to see this is because that cunt is in it :evil:. i'llseeit for the death and decapitations and all that fun stuff 8) .
hell, if they make a blade 4 (hypotheticly) and put hilary duff and lindsay lohan killing vampires :P i'd die happy (im 15,so i can dream,cant i?) :twisted: :twisted:

Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:21 pm
Profile WWW

the only reason my freind wants to see this is because that cunt is in it :evil:. i'llseeit for the death and decapitations and all that fun stuff 8) .
hell, if they make a blade 4 (hypotheticly) and put hilary duff and lindsay lohan killing vampires :P i'd die happy (im 15,so i can dream,cant i?) :

Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next