Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 XXX: State of the Union Trailer!! 
Commander and Chef

bABA, so what if they ripped off the music???

It was the best way to promote the movie (in WB eyes) obviously. I dont see why anybody would care about the trailer music anyway, only geeks like you that pick up on things like that.

It just added to the desperation that the movie stunk of. They went to the extent of ripping into the trailer music of the most successful ad campaigns ...

honestly, as much as I hated the concept of the movie, I adored the trailer till the music kiked in.

Algren, you fail to see the bigger picture in the end .. you take my comments as though the trailer music was the only thing I had to nitpick on .... theres a whole huge reason for why I considered why the trailer music rip off actually SAID something about WB, Pitoff and the rest of the people involved in the projecct.

Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

The soundtrack was one of the only positive things I liked for Catwoman. It wasn't that bad.

Soundtracks and trailer music are so very different.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Algren wrote:
bABA, so what if they ripped off the music???

It was the best way to promote the movie (in WB eyes) obviously. I dont see why anybody would care about the trailer music anyway, only geeks like you that pick up on things like that.

It just added to the desperation that the movie stunk of. They went to the extent of ripping into the trailer music of the most successful ad campaigns ...

honestly, as much as I hated the concept of the movie, I adored the trailer till the music kiked in.

Algren, you fail to see the bigger picture in the end .. you take my comments as though the trailer music was the only thing I had to nitpick on .... theres a whole huge reason for why I considered why the trailer music rip off actually SAID something about WB, Pitoff and the rest of the people involved in the projecct.

Yes, but as i think that Catwoman was a good movie, the music to the trailer (of all things) doesnt say anything to me about WB, Pitof and the rest of the people involved in the picture.

Infact it does, it tells me that its the music they believed would most appropriately market the film, as Catwoman is considered the same type of film as Spiderman, although i disagree.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

I have to say that even though the movie looks like a crapfest, it doesn't suffer from Vin Diesel's horribly delivered one liners lin xXx.

And for that, it is actually better.

They should have just dropped the xXx concept and called the movie "State of the Union"

Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:49 am
Profile WWW
now we know

I have to say that even though the movie looks like a crapfest, it doesn't suffer from Vin Diesel's horribly delivered one liners lin xXx.

They should have just dropped the xXx concept and called the movie "State of the Union"

I thought xXx was a good film, yet tacky in parts, still a good fun film. It wasnt meant to be made to win Oscars doofus!! ;)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

andaroo wrote:

I thought xXx was a good film, yet tacky in parts, still a good fun film. It wasnt meant to be made to win Oscars doofus!! ;)

sigh ..

yes, everyone knew it wasn't meant to win an oscar, it was meant to entertain .... sadly, it fell on its face trying to achieve that as well.

And I'm getting slightly annoyed with each of your posts ending with a "put down". this is the third instance of this I've noticed and I've actually received complaints .... you wanna concentrate more on the movies themselves and not the intellectual level of the people on the board without backing your claims?

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I thought the trailer looks pretty good... :roll:

Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:19 am
Lord of filth

It wasnt meant to be made to win Oscars doofus!! ;)

The Rundown was a good fun film that wasn't meant to win any Oscars. But was still good.

Nor was I comparing xXx to any Oscar winning pictures.

It was still not very good, the CG was incredibly bad and the action set pieces were not that great.

Would you like me to go farther?

Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

It certainly is a well made trailer even if the plot is absurd.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:49 am
Profile ICQ
Indiana Jones IV

I was surprised to find myself digging the trailer!

Never saw the first XXX, I thought it looked like boring crap. This one looks like crap as well, but not boring crap! Therefore, it has a much higher chance of gaining my viewership than the first one ever did.

Does anyone else feel that they give away waaaaay too much in this trailer though? I practically feel like I've already seen the movie.

And Vin's one-liners were better than Ice Cube's. I wish they would've gotten a better actor for this one.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:51 pm
now we know

And I'm getting slightly annoyed with each of your posts ending with a "put down". this is the third instance of this I've noticed and I've actually received complaints

That is rather trivial. They werent exactly serious insults.

bABA, who are you trying to be? Sean?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4