Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Begging Naked 
Begging Naked

Post Begging Naked
Sound the horn, Dolce: We have found our follow-up to Moolaade.

Once this finds a distributor, of course.

Hopefully I'll have a full-length review up soon-ish.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

Post Re: Begging Naked
My review:

http://wannabesnob.blogspot.com/2009/04 ... fully.html

WHERE ARE YOU, DOLCE?

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I will read the review later and join up with you, do not worry. Am in the midst of finals right now. Won't resurface again until the semester is over, but I cannot wait to check it out!

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:19 pm
Extraordinary

Oh dear, Jon, I think this case is going to have to build over the next two to three years like that last one. I checked the official site, myspace site, etc., and this is nowhere near distribution stage, is it? Maybe I am not looking in the right place for it? Wherever did you get the chance to see this? Also, your review has several big typos like "contimplate" and some extra typo letters throughout. Its a decent review, so you should revisit it and clean it up if you want people not to become distracted by the errors.

Sun May 24, 2009 11:01 pm
Begging Naked

dolcevita wrote:
Oh dear, Jon, I think this case is going to have to build over the next two to three years like that last one. I checked the official site, myspace site, etc., and this is nowhere near distribution stage, is it? Maybe I am not looking in the right place for it? Wherever did you get the chance to see this? Also, your review has several big typos like "contimplate" and some extra typo letters throughout. Its a decent review, so you should revisit it and clean it up if you want people not to become distracted by the errors.

Aw, thanks for pointing out the typos. :wacko:

And yeah, it'll take a while before this can really take foot (it has no official distributor as far as I know), but it DOES have the endorsement of Roger Ebert (Which is how I saw the film - at his Film Festival in Champaign-Urbana, Ill.), so hopefully it will get more notice, even if Ebert is possibly legally insane by now. At least keep an eye out for it at local festivals. And that goes for everyone!

Mon May 25, 2009 3:12 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

No worries, babe. It's on my radar. This will happen, just keep self-posting until I get my hands on it. That's what I did, but one day this will happen. I actually got pretty engaged from the website. I like the whole accidental practice documentary becomes the foundation for something decades later premesis. It has an aura of innocence to it...quite appealing....

Tue May 26, 2009 12:59 am
Begging Naked

SCREENING ALERT: Connecticut Film Festival - June 4, 4:15

According to Google Maps, it's a 75-110 minute drive from 42nd St, NYC (First street I could think of), a little less than the time I drove to see it in Illinois. New Yorkers, People of New England, consider!

Fri May 29, 2009 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]