Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 30%  30%  [ 16 ]
B 48%  48%  [ 26 ]
C 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
D 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
F 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 54

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) 
Extraordinary

Great film. A strong B+!

Great action, funny, smart. Everything you'd want from a summer blockbuster.

Anyone else think Angelina Jolie was absolutely gorgeous in this film. I mean, really gorgeous. I was in awe of her beauty in some scenes. Remarkable.

The dance scene, no? And, when she goes down that building? Oh hell, where wasn't she gorgeous?

She would make a sexy corpse. But, she makes an even better live organism.

So hot.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

A surprisingly good action/comedy. The witty humour was on par with Ocean's Eleven, I thought. Brad Pitt was both quite comical and a believable assassin. Angelina Jolie, while looking good, didn't do a whole lot. The plot was weak, as to be expected, the ending ruined the great set-up, and the entire film was overlong. Also, there was some pretty bad editing at times, and the whole thing reeked of being chopped up. Still, the action scenes were well choreographed, and the chemistry between the two stars was pretty good. All in all, a solid summer blockbuster, and an above average film.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Last edited by trixster on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:22 pm
Teh Mexican

Great movie, everything you want from a Summer Popcorn Flick, humor, Great Action, cool FX and sexy woman (Angelina Jolie :wub: )
The only thing i didnt like, was the last part when they were on the store, that was totally unrealistic and had quite a few plot holes! like when angelina throws the knifes and gets brad's leg! they guy didnt even seem hurt!

Ill give it a B+, Brad and Angelina have a fantasctic Chemestry!

i was kind of expecting more passionate scenes... :???:

Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:39 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Groovy movie. This washed away the pain that Batman Begins left me in. Perhaps a little unrealistic, but lots of fun and plenty of good action.

I give Mr. and Mrs. Smith an 8.5/10 (A-)

Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:21 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Mr. & Mrs. Smith is a great action-comedy movie of this summer. the movie is very entertaining. i loved it very much. Pitt and Jolie chemistry is fantastically perfect. they fit into each other. for this movie i really can't take my eyes of Jolie. she is extraordinary HOT!!! the story were good but not great. the dialogue were smart, funny and entertaining. but the ending part i kinda don't really like it. anyhow Mr. & Mrs. Smith is a must see pop-corn flick of this year.

my grade for the Smiths are A-

Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:20 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran

The saving grace of this movie are Pitt and Jolie. I'm surprised this movie has done this well. The movie is uneven, feels forced and drags at times. For Liman it is a big step down from Bourne. Without the two leads this is a D movie.

B

Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

Wow. Really wow. This is one of the better pure action movies I've seen. Great action (f*cking fantastic, actually) and much more humor than I would have thought. I wish Vaughn's part could have had a bit more depth...he could have been a cool character. Great performances, though, from everyone. Jolie and Pitt have incredible chemistry. It just flew out of the screen, punched you in the face and raped your dog, it was so vivid.

I give it a high B+.

Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:57 pm
Extraordinary

I watched this a 2nd time today, loved it even more. This is really one of the most entertaining movies of the decade so far.

- A/A-

Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:47 pm
No Wire Tampons!

B+ - Exciting, funny, witty and fast paced - some times genuinely emotional too.

I thoroughly enjoyed it; Angelina looked beautiful throughout and lets just say i dropped contempt for Brad "I cant choose between two of hollywoods most beautiful, rich women" Pitt throughout.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Hardly a miracle of moviemaking - I nearly fell asleep throught he middle of this overly long action comedy - it nonetheless had enough laughs and chemistry to make it worthwhile. Plus that ending shootout was just so darn romantic...

3 out of 5.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:09 am
New Server, Same X

The definition of a fun, summer movie. Grade: A-

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:47 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

B+ - Exciting, funny, witty and fast paced - some times genuinely emotional too.

I thoroughly enjoyed it; Angelina looked beautiful throughout and lets just say i dropped contempt for Brad "I cant choose between two of hollywoods most beautiful, rich women" Pitt throughout.

i agree.. i love when angelina goes "you don't love him" to herself...

anyways, saw it a second time. still an A. really great movie. only batman is better so far this summer.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:32 pm
Extraordinary

You people are such easy sheep to steer and shear.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

You people are such easy sheep to steer and shear.

Bah-ahaha-hahaha.

Oh, and shut up. :razz:

I liked it, and if you want to point out how people flock (like sheep) to see some generic movie, I don't think Mr. & Mrs. Smith is a good example. It's not like it's some critically-trashed shlockfest that everyone rushes to, like House of Wax or something.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:45 pm
Award Winning Bastard

I actually managed to sneak in a movie while away, and I caught this one. It was good, had some funny parts, Angelina :wub: Jolie was hot, but it felt a little bit draggy at the end. It borders on a B+, but I think a B is more fair.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:41 pm
College Boy T

Aww, come on Mav. It's better than Monster-in-Law!

I've seen it a couple times now, and it holds up very well.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:47 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Aww, come on Mav. It's better than Monster-in-Law!

I've seen it a couple times now, and it holds up very well.

I would buy Monster-in Law, but I don't know if I would buy Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:15 pm
College Boy T

I'd buy Mr. and Mrs. Smith just for the great scene with the two of 'em fighting in their house, amusingly followed by sex.

Or the Making Love Out of Nothing at All scene. :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:19 pm
Full Fledged Member

I saw this yesterday. I thought that Pitt and Jolie had wonderful chemistry together. I cared about their characters and the characters' marriage. The humor was great. I just had a problem with the plot. It kept me from really enjoying the movie.

Their two respective company's discovered that they were married to each other. So, fearing exposure, they put a hit out on them. And subsequently went about it in a way, that would increase the chances of exposure. Attacking them in broad daylight at their home with machine guns, would tend to bold and highlight that the respective companies Mr. and Mrs. Smith supposedly worked for were fronts for some nefarious businesses.

Grade: B-

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

I'd buy Mr. and Mrs. Smith just for the great scene with the two of 'em fighting in their house, amusingly followed by sex.

Or the Making Love Out of Nothing at All scene. :lol:

My favorite scene in a movie this year. Brilliant. :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:38 pm
Profile YIM
je vois l'avenir

It was a fun film but I think that I have to give it a B-, I really wasn't that into the film.

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:45 pm
Hot Fuss

After a second viewing, it's still a damn sexy film. But i'll stay with a B+ instead of A-. Damn, Galia ALWAYS likes the same movies of me, and I ALWAYS give them higher ratings than her at first. But after seeing movies a few more times, they ALWAYS drop to her grade. GRRR!

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Smart, sexy and wildly entertaining. Behind Batman Begins as my favorite action film of the year. The "dance scene" and the "dinner scene" where perfectly choreographed. Except for a few minor plot glitches, such as the hatch on the minivan magically closing, the film was superb. Not as intelligent as some others in its genre but a league above most.

B+

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:13 pm
Hot Fuss

Smart, sexy and wildly entertaining. Behind Batman Begins as my favorite action film of the year. The "dance scene" and the "dinner scene" where perfectly choreographed. Except for a few minor plot glitches, such as the hatch on the minivan magically closing, the film was superb. Not as intelligent as some others in its genre but a league above most.

B+

I completely agree. Because I'm very, very anal I'll point out some annoying things...

1. At the begining of the flick, John drives a Caddy CTS. Okay, fine. But then he comes home driving a Lincoln Towncar (BEFORE the part where he stole the Limo.... I'm talking as he comes home before they have the dinner fight).
2. They steal a Chrysler Minivan, but are driving a Dodge in the chase.
3. Why the hell where there 5000054650000000 assasins at the end? So, they are chased by *TWO* SUVs, with that many inside? Or do we just have to show our guys as Super killers be having them kill soooo many people?! It was lame. I would have prefered a cat and mouse game with half a dozen, more developed or skilled killers. (I know that there is a cut line that appears in some TV Ads where "Father" says "Send everyone".... now, that kinda explains why there was a billion guys, but would they really be THAT easy to kill? Sheesh.)

Okay, enough of my anal nitpicking.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I didn't notice the Chrysler/Dodge part, I'll have to watch for that next time I watch it. I was confused by John's switching cars as it really didn't seem to have any logical reason.

As far as the assasins, there were also two helicopters, and several assasings who cascaded throught he roof.

Last edited by Jeff on Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next