Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Xin jing cha gu shi [New Police Story] 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Xin jing cha gu shi [New Police Story] 
College Boy Z

Post Xin jing cha gu shi [New Police Story]
New Police Story

Quote:
New Police Story (traditional Chinese: 新警察故事; Mandarin Pinyin: Xīn Jǐngchá Gùshì; Jyutping: San1 ging5 chaat3 gu3 si6) is a 2004 Hong Kong action film starring Jackie Chan and directed by Benny Chan.

The film is a reboot of the Police Story series. New Police Story relies much more on drama and heavy action than its predecessors.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:03 pm
You must have big rats

This Jackie Chan is not how North American audiences (well, most of them) know him. It's a serious movie. Sure, there are some comical scenes every now and then and there is a character that it somewhat of a comic relief, but overall this is a serious picture, a cop thriller. And being that, this Hong Kong production manages to be better than all Hollywood movies Jackie Chan has ever produced.

The storyline is rather simple, but interesting. The fighting choreography here is serious, unlike most other Chan flicks and is executed very well. There are good moments of suspense and a couple of nice laughs.

What doesn't work, though, is the drama. I like Jackie Chan. He's a great actor for what he usually does. But he just can't play convincing drama, at least not from what I have seen in this movie. Almost everytime he tried to become dramatic and emotional (thankfully not often), I was about to laugh.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

Didn't really wanted to see this, because I knew it was Chan being serious movie, but my friends wanted to see it. I was pretty surprised how much I liked this movie. The action was great! And I thought the story was interesting, too. But I needed my time with Chan being serious. His partner was hilarious! Overally a pretty interesting cop thriller with awesome action. B+

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

New Police Story, hmmmm... it's been a year since. but it's one of my favorite Jackie Chan's movie. he shows a different character than his any other movie, that's what makes this movie special to me. and the cast are great his partner, Nicholas Tse is a well known actor/singer in Hong Kong. and two thumbs up goes to the cool villain played by Daniel Wu, the story itself is nothing special, but the fighting choreography was good. it's a very entertaining movie. i recommend this movie to all Jackie Chan fans to see it. my grade is A

Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:56 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]