Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Meg 2: The Trench 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Meg 2: The Trench 
now we know

Post Meg 2: The Trench

Quote:
Meg 2: The Trench is a 2023 science fiction action film directed by Ben Wheatley from a screenplay by Jon Hoeber, Erich Hoeber and Dean Georgaris, based on the 1999 novel The Trench: Meg 2 by Steve Alten. Serving as the sequel to The Meg (2018), the film stars Jason Statham, Wu Jing, Sophia Cai, Page Kennedy, Sergio Peris-Mencheta, Skyler Samuels and Cliff Curtis. In the plot, a group of scientists must outrun, outsmart and outswim their merciless predators when a malevolent mining operation threatens their mission and forces them into a high-stakes battle for survival.

Meg 2: The Trench had its world premiere at the Shanghai International Film Festival on June 9, 2023, and was released in the United States on August 4, 2023, by Warner Bros. Pictures.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:10 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: Meg 2: The Trench
The last thirty minutes are a proper chompfest. Scyfy channel with a big budget, exactly what I wanted. It took a long time to get there though.

5/10ish

Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:03 am
Superman: The Movie

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The last thirty minutes are a proper chompfest. Scyfy channel with a big budget, exactly what I wanted. It took a long time to get there though.

5/10ish

Yep. I feel like they tried to differentiate themselves from the first movie by going (and staying) underwater and introducing bad guys (why do these movies have bad guys?), but who the hell wants that from this movie? Lets watch these characters slowly walk at the bottom of the ocean for fifteen minutes. Sure they're occasionally being chased, but it's not exciting.

Eliminate the first two-third's and just repeat the same mistake the characters made in the first movie when they opened up the trench except instead of unleashing one meg, they've released three and a giant squid. Find another way to stretch out the last act by 15-20 minutes and you've got a nice 80-90 minute movie. This just tries to complicate things and instead is just boring. It also would've been much better if it were R-rated, but that was never happening. I did like the one shot inside of the meg's mouth after it scoops up a bunch of people and they're just floating there screaming before being swallowed.

The first felt like a missed opportunity. This felt like Ben Wheatley (who brings absolutely nothing to the table) and company collecting paychecks.

C-

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I surprisingly really enjoyed the first one but this one was the worst of the movies I watched for National Cinema Day so felt less bad for paying less for it.

You know its bad when a small dog randomly showing up in the final parts of the movie has better character development than most of the actual characters in the movie. Pretty sure the audience I was with cared more that the dog made it out alive than any of the actual characters. :funny:

Agreed on the sentiment above. The movie I wanted to see was the last 30 minutes.

C-

Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]