Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Flash 

Grade:
A 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
C 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12

The Flash 
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Flash
You can tell they really tried with this one. It’s failure is less funny and more sad than other recent comic book failures

Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:30 pm
Killing With Kindness

BJ's Grade:

B/B-

Mixed bag, really did not like the reveal at the end or the post credit scene.

Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:00 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

This film really thought it would save the DCEU, but in many ways showcases everything wrong.it it Great ideas and casting, weird execution. They had a bunch of slam dunks that just missed, it really does nothing the marketing said it would

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:47 pm
Superman: The Movie

zwackerm wrote:
Is
Spoiler: show
Nicolas Cage actually in this or is it a CG body double. He looked so fake!

CG. Same with Helen Slater’s Supergirl.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:35 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Finally caught this and it's such a crazy film. If we say there are two ways to make a multiverse film with No Way Home being one way and this being the other, this is by far the most DC way to do it. It is absurd at times, completely surprising at others, and quite satisfying in others. It is a stir-fry of ideas and fan service and gags. It could be described as a mess, and you wouldn't be wrong. But you know what, I kind of admired it. It should be tangled and complicated in terms of timelines and such but it isn't. It is both a "mess" and very standard. By the end when Bruce Wayne walks out of the car, you are both shocked and nodding in a way as if to say "well, yes, of course, why wouldn't George Clooney walk out of the car?!". This film had the balls to turn the dial to eleven and just wing it. If Flash's first solo movie was just another origin story where he fights a local nemesis, that would have been so yawn-worthy, but this(!), now THIS movie was memorable.

Should it have been Henry Cavill instead of Sasha Calle? Yes, and it would have done at least double at the box office. Maybe even Brandon Routh ahead of her. But I thought Supergirl was excellent. She is also hot and sexy. It's a leftfield creative choice, and again I applaud them for it. The action sequences are a ton of fun. The way the film slices through the history of other movies and lore is great, too.

Maybe reduced expectations helped my viewing, not sure. But I have to say I had a great time watching The Flash, even if just to witness this bizarre spectacle. The opening baby scene really set the tone for the rest of the movie, and it didn't disappoint. Way to go, DC. Signing the DCEU/Snyderverse off with an audacious extravaganza.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

I legit believe this would have been a big hit had it come out summer 2018 and summer 2019.

Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:15 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

I partially watched this as we had guests over and the kids were watching it. So I won’t review it until I watch it properly. Fill quick take : CGI is terrible and Supergirl looks effective in this. She’ll be the main reason I’ll rewatch it.

All I can say is from what I saw - the hyperbole “one of the best ever comic book movies” nonsense seems ridiculous and perhaps hurt the film’s reception more than it helped.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:14 pm
Superfreak

The stuff with the mom at the end is surprisingly effective and I am sure, after a mostly enjoyable funny and action-filled previous 2 hours, is what caused some to go overboard with the praise.

Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:39 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I had no expectations for this so I have to admit it ended up being better than I was expecting. Not perfect - the CGI is a mess and it's a little too ambitious, but the comedic beats land rather well and it is relatively fast paced. The cast is also game and it's fun seeing Michael Keaton as Batman again. Not perfect but not deserving of the epic flop status it will forever retain. B

Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:00 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2