Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Other People 

Rate This Film
A 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Other People 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Other People

Quote:
Other People is a 2016 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Chris Kelly and stars Jesse Plemons, Molly Shannon, Bradley Whitford, Maude Apatow, Madisen Beaty, John Early, Zach Woods, J.J. Totah and June Squibb.

The film had its world premiere at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival on January 21, 2016.[2] The film was released on September 9, 2016, by Vertical Entertainment.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:43 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Other People
This is an absolutely incredible, life-affirming movie that struck a major chord with me and is my favorite film of the year so far. Writer/director Chris Kelly based this largely on his own life and his experience with losing his mother, and the personal touch he brings is felt in every frame. The dialogue feels very natural and true-to-life, and the movie will have you laughing hysterically one minute and crying your eyes out the next. The opening scene actually does a great job of setting the movie's tone up perfectly. Jesse Plemons and Molly Shannon are both incredible and Oscar-worthy, IMO. I've always been a fan of Plemons from his work on "Friday Night Lights," "Fargo" and "Breaking Bad" and this may be his best work yet. This character is incredibly flawed but Plemons manages to make him totally lovable and someone you really root for and want to succeed. Shannon takes the 'cancer patient' mom role and brings a whole other dimension to it - she isn't afraid to play the character at her most vulnerable. The scenes where she is in the hospital getting treatment are heartbreaking. And the small moments between Plemons and Shannon are so well-played, intimate and beautiful. They have a wonderful chemistry. Their final scene together is sob-inducing. The entire supporting cast is great and the movie is filled with many fantastic character actors who leave strong impressions even with limited screentime. I feel like it's impossible not to relate to this movie in some way if you've ever lost someone close to you, felt like an outsider or have been looking for a sense of meaning in your life. It's a fantastic film and I really hope people respond to it as much as I did. A

Also, good luck getting "Drops of Jupiter" out of your head after seeing this movie :P

Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:27 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

This is on Netflix now. I would highly recommend watching it. It's incredible.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:53 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

I just watched this on Netflix after wanted to watch it for awhile and I agree 100% with Cory. This is an incredible movie. Molly Shannon and Jesse Plemons are both wonderful here and deserve Oscar nominations. It was a beautiful film and at the moment my favorite movie of the year. Make sure you have tissues by your side while you watch it.

A+

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Wallflower

I too watched it tonight. Great little movie. Plemons and Shannon are terrific. It's too bad this flew so far under the radar.

A-

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:13 am
Forum General

Everyone needs to watch this now. :P

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street