Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Veronica Mars 

What grade would you give this film?
A 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
B 41%  41%  [ 7 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 17

Veronica Mars 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Veronica Mars
Veronica Mars

Quote:
Veronica Mars is an upcoming 2014 American neo-noir mystery drama film co-written, produced, and directed by Rob Thomas and co-written with Diane Ruggiero. It is a continuing film adaptation based on Thomas' UPN/CW television series of the same name and stars Kirsten Bell reprising her role as the title character. Its executive producers are Joel Silver, Bell, and Jenny Hinkey. Warner Bros. Pictures will open the film in the United States theatrically and online on March 14, 2014.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Veronica Mars
It's absolutely awesome. I'm a big fan of the television series and this movie just nails it in terms of being not only a love letter to the people who helped make it happen but also as an intriguing whodunnit mystery with its fair share of intense moments. It perfectly retains the charm, wit and tone of the source material while also feeling much wider in scope. Kristen Bell, reprising her breakout role, should put to rest any naysayers who have only seen her work in the romcom world up until this point. She's sensational. Other standouts in the cast include a wonderful turn from Enrico Colantoni (whose father-daughter relationship with Bell is the backbone of the series and this film), a scene-stealing Ryan Hansen, Max Greenfield and great supporting turns from both Gaby Hoffmann (playing a new character) and Krysten Ritter. It's definitely tailor-made for fans of the series and there are a ton of fun references and cameos from just about every series regular or recurring character (as well as one big name celebrity cameo that's hilarious), but I think the overall mystery, performances and character dynamics are intriguing enough for this to have crossover potential with a new audience. Again, as a fan of the series I'm biased, but this is my favorite movie of the year so far. A

I was at the NYC premiere and the cast/crew could not have been more awesome to their fans, by the way. I think Kristen took a picture with everyone there and Chris Lowell and Ryan Hansen were both hilarious.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:22 am
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Does the movie spoil anything about season 3? I'm not sure I could finish it before Friday

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:02 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Something that happens between Piz and Veronica near the end of the season comes into play in two scenes.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:40 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

soooo watching the movie before finishing season 3 is fine without spoiling anything major, ya?

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:58 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Definitely fine. Piz is the only character from season 3 that returns in the film. It's mostly familiar faces from seasons one and two.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:09 pm
Profile YIM
Killing With Kindness

thompsoncory wrote:
Definitely fine. Piz is the only character from season 3 that returns in the film. It's mostly familiar faces from seasons one and two.

no parker :(

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Correct, Parker does not appear. Though honestly she would have felt superfluous and out-of-place in the film's storyline.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:53 pm
Profile YIM
Killing With Kindness

thompsoncory wrote:
Correct, Parker does not appear. Though honestly she would have felt superfluous and out-of-place in the film's storyline.

ok :cool:

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

This should be stickied since it comes out tomorrow ;)

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 pm
Profile YIM
Let's Call It A Bromance

I usually don't sticky for "limited" releases, but since there is enough fandom on the site I went ahead and did it.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:06 pm
Profile YIM
We had our time together

Arthur's site says it's really really bad.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

BJs Grade:

B+/A-

Bought via iTunes, watched as soon as the download was done, great to see nearly every cast member return. Very good indeed.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

BJ wrote:
BJs Grade:

B+/A-

Bought via iTunes, watched as soon as the download was done, great to see nearly every cast member return. Very good indeed.

:yes:

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:42 am
Profile YIM
You must have big rats

Riggs wrote:
Arthur's site says it's really really bad.

But if you read that person's previous reviews, it's not surprising.

I'm currently binging the series and will see the film next week.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

The movie was everything I hoped for and more. My expectations were so sky-high that it would have been easy to be letdown. But that didn't happen. The movie is fun, funny, thrilling, and the cast hasn't lost their charm. Especially Kristen Bell, who effortlessly steps back into the role she was born to play. And the very ending will leave a smile on your face. As the movie ended several people applauded, including myself. "Veronica Mars" proves you actually can go home again. No fan should walk away from this one underwhelmed. Thank you Rob Thomas, Kristen Bell, the Kickstarter backers, and everyone who made this movie possible! I doubt this is the last we'll be seeing of Veronica Mars.

9/10 (A) (Yeah, yeah, I know this is a real surprise. But this fan was very pleased with what he got.)

Someone here gave this an F? Really? I'm sure they saw it. :roll:

Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:39 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Just wanted to point this out in the TMZ footage that Keith is watching.

Perfect.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:06 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

Wow, are you fucking kidding me with the 3 F's now?

Somebody arrest Algren because I'm sure he's behind this! ;)

Soundtrack is #5 on iTunes. I've had it spinning pretty much non-stop since getting it on Wednesday.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:23 pm
Sbil

This is a solid film that will satisfy diehards of the series and probably at least moderately please everyone else. It feels like an extended version of the show, which is how it should feel. Kristen Bell effortlessly slips back into the role of Veronica like she never stopped playing her. B

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:23 pm
The Kramer

A lot the reviews I've read say that it's just a very long episode, but to me it felt like a very compressed season. Unfortunately this means that a lot of story is sped up, and annoyingly convenient things happen for the sake of progress. People are very direct with one another, almost as if this was an action spectacle that had no time for dialogue. I was legitimately worried ten minutes into the movie, worried that Rob Thomas couldn't tell a Veronica Mars story in such a short span of time.

Thankfully I was wrong! When the movie is allowed to breathe it is fantastic. The blend of charm, humor, mystery and sometimes actually fearing for a characters life. We know that Veronica is coming out of this alive, but anyone else is fair game. Rob Thomas has also noted this and plays with our emotions as is his right. The scenes at Dick's house and of course the trailer scene had me rolling. The reunion and after party could have made an entire episode, packing in enough of everything I listed earlier (including the death part - SPOILER!). Just about everybody but Duncan returns, and nobody likes Duncan anyways.

So while I wish that this could have gotten the Arrested Development treatment over 8 hours, I'm very happy that we even got a Veronica Mars movie. That it was great is just a bonus.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:55 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

LOVE this movie to death

Last edited by thompsoncory on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:47 am
Profile YIM
The Wall

LOL @ the F's. Can those trolls be dealt with? At least write a short review and say why it's an F.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I've seen this three times. They did such a great job with this movie. My friends I watched it with that are fans of the show LOVED it.

Definitely getting the book that comes out March 25th that takes place after the movie.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:01 pm
Forum General

As a fellow marshmallow, I was not at all disappointed. It is obviously tailor made for the fans but it is told in a way for people who have never seen the show to enjoy it as well. It's incredibly fast paced, entertaining and thrilling. The scene in the apartment near the end was fantastic and had me on the edge of my seat. Kristen Bell is such a star. She effortlessly steps back into her character and is just fantastic. Recommended to everyone.

A-

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:21 pm