Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Paranormal Activity 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
B 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
C 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
D 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
F 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

Paranormal Activity 2 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Re: Paranormal Activity 2
I just picked this one up for rent at BLOCKBUSTER as they were putting new releases on the shelf.. Granted, I wasn't very fond of the 1st one(mainly because of the annoying boyfriend), but since critics seemed to have enjoyed this as shocking as that maybe, I'm gonna watch this..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:12 pm
Profile WWW

Ok, I'm 30 minutes into this and have to pause and ask: Why is this movie rated R??? I've listened real carefully to the dialogue thus far and unlike the 1st film, I haven't heard the "F" Word once used nor is there any nudity.. So why again is this rated R??? So far, I'm thinking this is more of a PG or even PG-13, but not R-Rated.. Now, I'll finish watching this(Oh and the sister isn't near as good looking as the chick from the 1st movie)

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:06 pm
Profile WWW

Ok, so I finished watching this and I'll tell ya: I really would love to know what exactly it was that critics enjoyed about this more than the 1st movie or at least equally cause from where I'm sitting, NOTHING REALLY HAPPENED??? Sure, there were the last 15 minutes or so of the movie where the chick gets dragged down the stairs to the basement which was cool and all, but there wasn't enough of that.. Yeah, you still have the whole "Nightime countdown clock" when the cameras were installed supposedly showing you what was going on in the house, particularly again at roughly 3:15 am give or take, but all it showed were endless shots of the pool at night with the vacuum sweeper cleaning the pool, then shots of inside the house, but the problem was is that's really all it showed until a few nights later when a pot or pan fell off the rack in the kitchen or once when the pool sweeper was lifted off to the side of the pool... You have the brief appearance of Katie's boyfriend who was in the movie maybe a total of 10 minutes or less which realy lead to nothing other than teling us what happened to him from the 1st movie..

Now, I wasn't a big fan of the 1st movie and it has been said here that if you enjoyed the 1st movie, then there isn't any reason not to enjoy this cause it offered more, but what on earth was "more" in this movie??? I think this seems to be more of a movie that probably plays better with the right crowd, the right audience that probably consists of young adults, but in the end, what the hell are they gonna offer for PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 cause therre not going to be able to get away with this a 3rd time.. Materialization is what's going to have to occur for the 3rd movie(and there will be one of course) with having to show the actual demon cause if they don't show this?? Well, the audiences may not be so fooled for a 3rd time.. Also, these movies REALLY should be rated PG-13 and not R-Rated cause this movie had no profanity that I heard or nudity or even violence to get worked up over..

Grade: D

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Overall I didn't think it was as good as the first, but there was definitely "more" if you get what I'm saying. Nothing truly awful happened in the first until about ten minutes before it ended, whereas here shit was going on all over the place. :P The kitchen scene still sends chills up my spine. ;)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW

movies35 wrote:
Overall I didn't think it was as good as the first, but there was definitely "more" if you get what I'm saying. Nothing truly awful happened in the first until about ten minutes before it ended, whereas here shit was going on all over the place. :P The kitchen scene still sends chills up my spine. ;)

Perhaps I should've caught this with a crowd for the kitchen scene cause on DVD at home, it really must not do this scene justice.. But really, the last 15 minutes or so of this is where it's at.. The child being levitated out of his crib was cool and what a dick that guy must've felt for transferring the possession from his wife to her sister cause you could tell he felt sort of bad for having to resort to this to get his wife back.. I'm really thinking where they could go for the 3rd movie since the ending stated that neither Katie or Hunter are anywhere to be found.. :-k

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'm not sure where the third will go either, but we'll see soon enough. :P I absolutely loved the last couple minutes with Katie. I thought it was wicked cool.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW

movies35 wrote:
I'm not sure where the third will go either, but we'll see soon enough. :P I absolutely loved the last couple minutes with Katie. I thought it was wicked cool.

Yeah, she pushed her sister pretty fucking hard against the wall in midair, plus breaking the husbands neck was pretty rough.. How the hell she got back in the house without anyone knowing is amazing, unless she had a key.. :-k For the 3rd movie, they'll have no other choice after 2 movies but to show the demon, otherwise it'll be a rehash it seems.. I'm also thinking that for a 3rd movie, there'll have to be an exorcism of some kind for Katie, provided she has any other family members left..

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Her sister's daughter is still alive, so I'm assuming she will be part of the plot.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pure Phase

I love watching a conversation between two absolutely evenly matched people. ;)

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Gunslinger wrote:

See?? If only everyone got along with me.. It happens every so often you know??

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Gunslinger wrote:

I rarely see you converse with BKB.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
New Server, Same X

So I rewatched 1 and 2 back to back. I stand by everything I said about 2, but I might give it a slight upgrade. The second half of the movie is nearly perfect for what this film series is. There are some genuinely scary moments in there, and everything after the daughter falls asleep on the couch and the demon "swims" over her is great. But the first half of the movie is dreadfully boring. Some may call it a good build-up, but I didn't get it at all. The dialogue and characters drag it down so much. It's just that the second half held up way better than I remembered.

First half: 1/2*
Second Half: ***1/2
Overall: **1/2

The first held up way better too. Even the daytime scenes, which I originally felt weighed it down, worked well.

PA1: ***1/2
PA2: **1/2

Still haven't seen PA3.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2