Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Sex and the City 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 6

Sex and the City 2 
loyalfromlondon

Post Sex and the City 2
Sex and the City 2

Quote:
Sex and the City 2 is a 2010 American romantic comedy film directed by Michael Patrick King It is the sequel to the 2008 film Sex and the City, which is based on the HBO TV series of the same name.

The film was released in cinemas on May 27, 2010 in the United States and May 28, 2010 in the United Kingdom. The DVD was available for purchase in the United Kingdom on 29 November, 2010. The film stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, and Chris Noth, who reprised their roles from the previous film and TV series. It also features cameos from Liza Minnelli, Miley Cyrus, Tim Gunn, Ron White, Omid Djalili and Penélope Cruz. As well as Broadway actors, Norm Lewis, Kelli O'Hara, and Ryan Silverman.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu May 27, 2010 2:42 am
Forum General

Post Re: Sex and the City 2
I thought it was a ton of fun, though quite underwhelming if compared to the television series or even the first movie. Still, it was an entertaining two and a half hours and it was nice to see the girls again. The condom bit with Samantha was hysterical and I, unlike many, loved Charlotte in this one. She had a much better storyline than in the first, which was pretty much non-existent. Also, the whole thing with Aidan was incredibly unnecessary and was aggravating. It should have been cut altogether.

7/10 ( B )

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sat May 29, 2010 12:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
The Lubitsch Touch

They could have at least waited until Bea Arthur's body cooled before making a Golden Girls movie

Sat May 29, 2010 1:03 pm
A very honest-hearted fellow

Lubitsch wrote:
They could have at least waited until Bea Arthur's body cooled before making a Golden Girls movie

Rue McClanahan was 51 when The Golden Girls was first broadcast. Kim Cattrall is 53.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:20 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Sure the women are older, but they are still fabulous!

SEX & THE CITY 2 - 8/10 (B+)

Almost an A-. Not quite as good as the first, but very funny, touching, and just plain enjoyable. Terrific escapist entertainment. Fans of the first movie will enjoy it. Others will not be impressed, obviously.

I sure hope we see another someday.

Mon May 31, 2010 4:15 pm

I saw the first twenty minutes and found the whole "gay wedding" shit rather offensive. I'm surprised you didn't Mike. They had similarly non PC things in the show, but they were much more clever and challenging, not just dull cliches displayed as truth.
I still plan to see the rest of the movie, but was disappointed by the beginning.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:33 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Michael A wrote:
I saw the first twenty minutes and found the whole "gay wedding" shit rather offensive. I'm surprised you didn't Mike. They had similarly non PC things in the show, but they were much more clever and challenging, not just dull cliches displayed as truth.
I still plan to see the rest of the movie, but was disappointed by the beginning.

What exactly does this fucking mean Savage??? :funny: So, did you go see this and then get up and leave in the beginning cause you were offended or what, but plan on seeing it again???? :giggle:

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:50 am
Profile WWW

I work at a theater. I watched the first 20 minutes during a break but haven't gone to watch the whole thing on my free time yet.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:36 am
Wallflower

Michael A wrote:

I was only slightly offended. It's very stereotypical, but for the most part it's all in good fun and hard to take seriously. My only complaint is that Stanford's fiance (I forget the character's name - I've never liked him though - he's loud and annoying and makes gay people look bad, IMO) had to have the stipulation that he's allowed to cheat since Stanford got an extravagant wedding. Why was that necessary? Certainly doesn't make us gays look the best. I wasn't incredibly offended, I just found it a little unflattering.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:45 am

Mike wrote:
Michael A wrote:

I was only slightly offended. It's very stereotypical, but for the most part it's all in good fun and hard to take seriously. My only complaint is that Stanford's fiance (I forget the character's name - I've never liked him though - he's loud and annoying and makes gay people look bad, IMO) had to have the stipulation that he's allowed to cheat since Stanford got an extravagant wedding. Why was that necessary? Certainly doesn't make us gays look the best. I wasn't incredibly offended, I just found it a little unflattering.

The cheating stipulation was my primary complaint, but I was also irritated by every character using gay to refer to their stereotypical interpretations of such every 10 seconds. Omg this wedding is so gay there are swans! blah blah blah. Swans don't make someone homosexual, having sex with other members of the same sex does.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:13 am
ef star star kay

Is it strange to not feel offended even though I'm a Muslim?

B

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]