Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Drag Me to Hell 

What grade would you give this film?
A 59%  59%  [ 16 ]
B 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
C 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
D 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
F 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 27

Drag Me to Hell 
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: Drag Me to Hell
I have overall decided I hate this film. Its a lazy rehash of the style of Evil Dead 2 layered in crap, Raimi can do better. It fails to be scary or funny on any sort of large scale. Why this got such a massive RT rating I have no idea.

I would love to read makeshifts review though, make it so big fella!

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:45 pm
Horror Hound

I just went to see Drag Me To Hell.

I liked it alot.

It was really fast paced, really funny, creepy and the special effects rocked.

I was shocked by the ending. I had a feeling it was going to happen, then i thought it wouldn't but it did :(.

What a horrible way to go.

Alison Lohman was fantastic, Justin Long did what he had to do and Lorna Raver was a mad psycho bitch.

Awesome, really enjoyed it.

Don't grade movies here in the UK, so i'll say 4/5.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Wallflower

Saw it again tonight. Am really glad I got the chance to see it again before it leaves theaters. The movie twas still a lot of fun. This is a very well-done flick. I love the score music and the atmosphere is just terrific.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:58 am
Grill

I am in the middle of writing a full review but I just want to say, Best movie of the year so far.

9/10

Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:51 pm
The Wall

9/10 -> A-

Simply said - I loved it and had lots of fun... I'll go see it again next week.

Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I thought it was outstanding and more layered and intelligent than its been given credit for. The last 20 minutes really put the film over the top for me. Both the audience and Lohman are tricked. We see it as a big morality play, but her downfall is simple negligence. The idea of a misplaced letter or object leading to someone's downfall, representing a misplaced conception/idea, is a signature device. I love how the coin is introduced early and seen as a cast-off...

Raimi uses paranoia/guilt outstandingly here. It's very relevant Lohman has spent her life attempting to erase her roots... getting rid of her accent, hiding her farmgirl and weighty past, then finally denying Ganush going against her moral code. This doesn't play into the Laima dragging her to hell, but to her it does. She insists several times she should've given Ganush the extension. This shows it's weighing heavily on her mind that this is a result of selling out herself... this is her fault. This grounds the paranoia of the Laima coming for her and her apparant doom. For me this makes Lohman's character much more interesting and layered than something like Watts in the Ring. I think Drag Me to the Hell is a much better film than The Ring who's characteres were far too shallow to pull off something like the restaurant scene in this film

Definitely the best horror film in a very long time. I see it mostly as a straight horror with some dark humor more than a comedy first. More Evil Dead than Army of Darkness

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:36 pm
You must have big rats

Shack wrote:
I thought it was outstanding and more layered and intelligent than its been given credit for. The last 20 minutes really put the film over the top for me. Both the audience and Lohman are tricked. We see it as a big morality play, but her downfall is simple negligence. The idea of a misplaced letter or object leading to someone's downfall, representing a misplaced conception/idea, is a signature device. I love how the coin is introduced early and seen as a cast-off...

Actually from the moment it was introduced it has been very obvious to me that there'd be some sort of a mix-up involving the envelope.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3