Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Who Framed Roger Rabbit 

What grade would you give this film?
A 92%  92%  [ 12 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13

Who Framed Roger Rabbit 
College Boy Z

Post Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Quote:
Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a 1988 American fantasy-comedy-noir film directed by Robert Zemeckis and released by Touchstone Pictures. The film combines live action and animation, and is based on Gary K. Wolf's novel Who Censored Roger Rabbit?, which depicts a world in which cartoon characters interact directly with human beings. Who Framed Roger Rabbit stars Bob Hoskins as a private detective who investigates a murder involving the famous cartoon character, Roger Rabbit. Charles Fleischer co-stars as the titular character's voice, Christopher Lloyd as the villain, Kathleen Turner as the voice of Roger's cartoon wife, and Joanna Cassidy as the detective's girlfriend.

Walt Disney Pictures purchased the film rights to the story in 1981. Jeffrey Price and Peter S. Seaman wrote two drafts of the script before Disney brought in Steven Spielberg and Amblin Entertainment to help finance the film. Zemeckis was hired to direct the live-action scenes with Richard Williams overseeing animation sequences. Production was moved from Los Angeles to Elstree Studios in England to accommodate Williams and his group of animators. While filming, the production budget began to rapidly expand and the shooting schedule ran longer than expected. However, the film was released to financial success and critical acclaim. Who Framed Roger Rabbit brought a re-emerging interest in the golden age of American animation and became the forefront for the modern era, especially the Disney Renaissance. It also left behind an impact that included a media franchise and the unproduced prequel, Who Discovered Roger Rabbit.

Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:42 pm

A suprisingly good feature especially for its genre, this is rare, but

A-

Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:48 pm
Extraordinary

Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:55 pm
Sbil

Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:47 pm
Teh Mexican

YES!!! One of my All time Favorite movies!

Beautifully made! :happy:

A

Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:55 pm
You must have big rats

Oh this is fun, so so so much fun. The animation and the live action perfectly blend in. The humor works, the characters are great, the ending "twist" is unexpected and it works and this movie just oozes imagination like almost no-other. Instant classic. Robert Zemeckis is truly a great director with this, Cast Away, Death Becomes Her and the Back to the Future series.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Only because this was the first movie i ever saw in a theatre and it gave me a re-occuring nightmare that lasted 6 YEARS!! Stupid foxes kept dunking me in acid.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Awwwwe. I can just see you being afraid to get out of bed every night. Peeking out over the covers.

I loved this movie. A real one of a kind mix with some of the wisest sources of film including the noir genre and Chinatown. Mized with the uber-violent Warner Bros cartoons (They were always more interesting to me than the Disney counterparts), and a nice sense of wit about the impossibility of building the freeway.

I'm not bad...I'm just drawn that way.

A+

Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:01 am
---------

This is one of the greatest movies of all time. Its atmosphere of an old 1930?'s Hollywood is great. The characters are well though out and you care for them. It can be as fast-paced as a Saturday-morning cartoon, but the movie also has some great dramatic scenes. Its camera work is amazing as well as the score.

Grade: A+ (#6 of All-Time)

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:43 pm
Hot Fuss

One of my favorites.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Star Poster

A

Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:29 am
Squee

A great movie. I was so sad when that poor cartoon shoe died. :cry:

:glare:

Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:52 am
loyalfromlondon

Post Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Wonderfully creative and imaginative. Animation and live action has never been blended more seamlessly, both from a technical and a narrative standpoint. Combine with that a brilliant homage to film-noir, and this is one of the most entertaining and innovative films ever made. The combination of Disney and Looney Toons is as enjoyable as can be expected, but it's the animated characters created especially for this film that are the most fun. And that opening bit with the slapstick cartoon segueing into live action is pure genius. A childhood classic.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:32 am
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit
I was a little disappointed. I blame the title a bit for making me think this would be a whodunnit with Hoskins drilling the animated rogue gallery as suspects

Nonetheless as an action/chase/etc. film it's still pretty solid, but I found the plot and particularly climax a little standard at times. Roger Rabbit himself is the best part. Classic character. Loved Hoskins as well. The cameos of the Donald/Daffy duck, Droopy, Tweety, etc. were great, but still, they're just short cameos.

Good film. Not an amazing film IMO.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]