Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 In Her Shoes 

What grade would you give this film?
A 48%  48%  [ 12 ]
B 32%  32%  [ 8 ]
C 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
D 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
F 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 25

In Her Shoes 

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this film, even Diaz worked for me. Toni has yet to turn in a bad performance. A real treat.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:28 pm
La Bella Vito

Absolutely brilliant film! I was in tears watching this movie. It was so touching and moving, and the story is so amazing. All of the actors are brilliant. Shirley Macclaine, Toni Collette, and Cameron Diaz were all incredible in their roles. I liked how Diaz changed her character, and she actually became more mature, and the bond that her and her sister had was so touching. I really did love this film definitely in my Top 10 of 2005. It should've did a lot better at the box office, and Curtis Hanson is a talented director that knows how to execute every single scene brilliantly, and give us very beautiful shots as well.

A

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:01 am
Profile YIM WWW
htm

A

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this film, even Diaz worked for me. Toni has yet to turn in a bad performance. A real treat.

I pretty much agree. I heart Shoes. I bought it last night to watch with the family... they loved it too. My mom claims she has a new chick flick to watch. :smile:

Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:39 am
Team Kris

ROBBED!! ROBBED!!! Robbed of an Oscar nod!!!

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:45 pm
Sbil

ROBBED!! ROBBED!!! Robbed of an Oscar nod!!!

I know. Tragic.

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:15 pm
Forum General

I thought it was quite good, very entertaining, but I thought a lot of the dialogue and situations were just a little too predictable for my liking. Cameron Diaz's poem at the end also didn't do much for me.

Toni Collette is really good, though. And Diaz has her moments.

B+

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

In Her Shoes is the epitome of a chick flick and I can easily see why any female would give it the highest grade. The thing is that it is not just a chick flick, but also a really good one at that. Curtis Hanson, fresh off 8 Mile, once again goes one to show his versatility. After great flicks like Wonder Boys and L.A. Confidential, he delivers another well-made drama that makes the best of its genre. Still, it is a representative of the chick flick genre and therefore, it is still clichéd and predictable...but it worked for me. Despite watching this film as a 19-year old guy, I could feel the emotional connection to the main characters. This is thanks to a good screenplay as well as to Toni Collette's superb performance who was snubbed for an Oscar nomination. He really delivered one of last year's best female turns. However, Cameron Diaz isn't much worse either in the film. Both have great chemistry as sisters and work together well.

In Her Shoes has one scene that stuck with me as one of the best film scenes of 2005. I am talking about the kissing scene in which Toni Collette's character keeps turning off the light while her boyfriend, charmingly played by Mark Feuerstein, keeps turning it back on. It's a very sweet and well-executed scene. Shirley MacLaine also delivers a fine performance in the film, but really, everyone is rather overshadowed by Toni Collette who's at her career-best.

Chick flick or not, I give it thumbs up for delivering one of last year's best dramas with great acting and good direction as well as a nice story. Sadly, it can't avoid the flaws of the genre (predictability, that is) and some scenes seem overly sentimental, but on the whole, I liked it quite a bit. It seems rather underrated to me and the fact that Rumor Has It ended up making more money domestically and especially overseas, is pretty sad.

Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
B+

In Her Shoes is the epitome of a chick flick and I can easily see why any female would give it the highest grade. The thing is that it is not just a chick flick, but also a really good one at that. Curtis Hanson, fresh off 8 Mile, once again goes one to show his versatility. After great flicks like Wonder Boys and L.A. Confidential, he delivers another well-made drama that makes the best of its genre. Still, it is a representative of the chick flick genre and therefore, it is still clichéd and predictable...but it worked for me. Despite watching this film as a 19-year old guy, I could feel the emotional connection to the main characters. This is thanks to a good screenplay as well as to Toni Collette's superb performance who was snubbed for an Oscar nomination. He really delivered one of last year's best female turns. However, Cameron Diaz isn't much worse either in the film. Both have great chemistry as sisters and work together well.

In Her Shoes has one scene that stuck with me as one of the best film scenes of 2005. I am talking about the kissing scene in which Toni Collette's character keeps turning off the light while her boyfriend, charmingly played by Mark Feuerstein, keeps turning it back on. It's a very sweet and well-executed scene. Shirley MacLaine also delivers a fine performance in the film, but really, everyone is rather overshadowed by Toni Collette who's at her career-best.

Chick flick or not, I give it thumbs up for delivering one of last year's best dramas with great acting and good direction as well as a nice story. Sadly, it can't avoid the flaws of the genre (predictability, that is) and some scenes seem overly sentimental, but on the whole, I liked it quite a bit. It seems rather underrated to me and the fact that Rumor Has It ended up making more money domestically and especially overseas, is pretty sad.

as this was one of the most enjoyable movies of the year, I had to read what new comments people were saying about this movie.

but in reading your review I only have one off the topic question that is on my mind.

Why did you put 19 years old have turned 20 > according to your most recent birthday thread.

FYI > no responses is needed, I just found this to be ....................

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:33 am
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Maybe he saw the movie while he was 19?

OK maybe.

But I can't imagine it taking that long for the review to get written / get posted.

Anyway that is it as that is the end of my interest.

Thanks for trying to piece it together.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:38 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Maybe he saw the movie while he was 19?

Yes, I did.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:13 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:08 am
ef star star kay

Wow...

What did you wow at?

the movie? or the fact that Lector just turned 20-year-old guy..

(@Lecter, I thought you're 25+ or something :oops: )

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:56 pm
Forum General

Zingaling wrote:
Wow...

What did you wow at?

the movie? or the fact that Lector just turned 20-year-old guy..

(@Lecter, I thought you're 25+ or something :oops: )

No, I bet that wow was in relation to my simple basic question that I would have asked anyone and wasn't that big of a deal. (I never would have guessed that the review was posted over a month after seeing the movie so I was wondering if it was a mistake )

Z just blows alot of things out of proportion.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

I said "wow" because I found it funny that someone couldn't make the connection that perhaps the person who posted his review (after just turning 20 weeks ago) could have been 19 at the time he saw the film.

My 9-year-old sister could have made the connection.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:15 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

I said "wow" because I found it funny that someone couldn't make the connection that perhaps the person who posted his review (after just turning 20 weeks ago) could have been 19 at the time he saw the film.

:hahaha:

Yeah, I'll "wow" with you.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:22 pm
Forum General

and good for you Z that you saw that.

That is why I asked a straight forward basic question > and this is the first time that I have ever seen you reply wow, guess you are still doing that following me with un-needed replies.

at least it wasn't hilarious.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:

That is why I asked a straight forward basic question > and this is the first time that I have ever seen you reply wow, guess you are still doing that following me with un-needed replies.

Your question was off-topic as well.

And considering how much you follow me around, I don't think you have a lot of room to talk.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:16 pm
Forum General

Goldie wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

Your question was off-topic as well.

And considering how much you follow me around, I don't think you have a lot of room to talk.

last post here Z.

FYI, it wasn't off topic - I saw something in a post that I asked a question about - One simple question that could have been answered or not answered.

so again Z, Whatever.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

last post here Z.

FYI, it wasn't off topic - I saw something in a post that I asked a question about - One simple question that could have been answered or not answered.

so again Z, Whatever.

It wasn't off-topic? Then why did you say it was?

Goldie wrote:
but in reading your review I only have one off the topic question that is on my mind.

Is lying a second language for you, G?

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:42 pm
Forum General

Goldie wrote:

last post here Z.

so again Z, Whatever.

It wasn't off-topic? Then why did you say it was?

Goldie wrote:

Is lying a second language for you, G?

OK, Mr. MOD.

I guess I misspoke in the first post > it was off topic to the thread but it was OK as I was asking about his post.

And, why don't you act like a MOD and give a fair ruling > was there anything with my question > as I was commenting on something that was in his post.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I feel that someone has just been owned. And it ain't Mod Z.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I feel that someone has just been owned. And it ain't Mod Z.

;)

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:12 pm
i break the rules, so i don't care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:16 pm
htm

Both of you need to get over yourselves and delete the above. Clutters the thread. :tongue:

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next