Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Veronica Guerin 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Veronica Guerin 
College Boy Z

Post Veronica Guerin
Veronica Guerin

Quote:
Veronica Guerin is a 2003 Irish biographical film directed by Joel Schumacher. The screenplay by Carol Doyle and Mary Agnes Donoghue focuses on Irish journalist Veronica Guerin, whose investigation into the drug trade in Dublin led to her murder in 1996.

The film is the second to be inspired by Guerin's life. Three years earlier, When the Sky Falls centred on the same story, although the names of the real-life characters were changed.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:14 pm
Veteran

Cate the great (Blanchett in this case, not Winslet) gives another great performance, one that's award-worthy. The ending is a bit overly-dramatic, but I'm sure the filmmakers wanted to honor Guerin. Worth watching.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:33 am
Profile WWW
Iron Man

A solid movie with a fine performance from Cate Blanchett in the title role. She deserved an Oscar nomination for this. B

Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:34 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Flawed and cliche ridden I can't say i perticularly enjoy this. It seemed mandatory to love this film in Ireland to such a degree that I stopped telling people I disliked it for fear of being lynched.

Martin Boorman's The General is a far more interesting piece on the Dublin Ganglands

C

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]