Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Wedding Crashers 

What grade would you give this film?
A 51%  51%  [ 36 ]
B 31%  31%  [ 22 ]
C 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
D 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
F 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 71

Wedding Crashers 
Sbil

Post Wedding Crashers
Wedding Crashers

Quote:
Wedding Crashers is a 2005 romantic comedy film directed by David Dobkin. It stars Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, with Christopher Walken, Rachel McAdams, Isla Fisher, Bradley Cooper, Diora Baird, Jane Seymour, and an uncredited Will Ferrell.

The film opened on July 15, 2005. The DVD was released on January 3, 2006, including an unrated version, and the Blu-ray version was released on December 30, 2008.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:40 pm
College Boy Z

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:27 am
Sbil

Wedding Crashers represents two solid hours of entertainment. As the summer's lone "raunchy" comedy, Wedding Crashers succeeds admirably. It's not as funny as previous films of its ilk (There's Something About Mary, the American Pie films, etc.), but certain scenes are noteworthy in that they may cause uncontrollable laughter. One downside to this film is how uneven it is. While certain scenes are just completely hilarious, the film has occasional long periods of time (up to 10 minutes) where not much is funny and it's unclear why the filmmakers are trying to make the film so "serious." Regarding the nosemashed Owen Wilson, I've never been one to sing his praises and I'm not going to start now. He does fine with his role here, but it could've been played by any member of this new "Frat Pack" with ease. On the other hand, Vince Vaughn is uproarious. I've sometimes felt the actor has been stiff in comedies (notably in Dodgeball), but he is perfect here. Between this and Mr. & Mrs. Smith (as well as his upcoming romantic comedy The Break Up with Jennifer Aniston), I'm beginning to like Vaughn a lot more. The romance between Wilson's character and Claire Cleary (Rachel McAdams), daughter of Senator Cleary (Christopher Walken), is underdeveloped. Despite Claire mostly being a standard issue love interest, McAdams is delightful in the part and continues to cement herself as an actress to watch. Walken is also good in the role (he has some very funny reaction shots), but the part is not that big. Actress Isla Fisher gives a purposefully irritating performance as Walken's other daughter who becomes Vaughn's obsessive would-be girlfriend. Jane Seymour (coming close to baring her breasts in this film at age 54), Ellen Albertini Dow (as a foul-mouthed grandmother) and an actor whose name I'm unsure of (playing Walken's son, a gay painter who is the black sheep of the family) are all very funny in supporting roles. Overall, Wedding Crashers isn't going to change the rulebooks on comedy, but it is a fun way to spend a hot summer afternoon inside a cool movie theater. B

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:28 am
Mod Team Leader

I loved it. It did go on a bit long...we all knew that Wilson and McAdams would end up together, but it was funny, charming and very well written. And McAdams is such a site to look at. I will write more later, but I had a great time at the film and thi sis a solid A from me.

A

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Is Rachel McAdams in it a lot? I love her :)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Once they leave the wedding, the film picks up a lot steam and the jokes are fast and hard. The ending is weak but the chemistry between Vaughn and Wilson makes the film work.

B-

Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:42 pm
Mod Team Leader

Once they leave the wedding, the film picks up a lot steam and the jokes are fast and hard. The ending is weak but the chemistry between Vaughn and Wilson makes the film work.

B-

I agree with what you are saying but I really liked the film a lot more than you seem to. I also was so glads that the dick of a boyfriend got laid out at the end. :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

9.3/10

Oh, and I've never been in a theatre when the audience APPLAUDED at a cameo!!! It happened though :)

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:13 am
Forum General

Funniest movie of the year... hands down

9.3/10

Oh, and I've never been in a theatre when the audience APPLAUDED at a cameo!!! It happened though :)

I have : JERSEY GIRL

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

i know who the cameo is! stupid katie couric reevlead it while interviewing vince on Good Morning America ](*,) #-o

Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:57 am
Team Kris

This is one of the if not the funniest movie I have ever seen!! Vince Vaughn is the funniest man alive, hands down. His scenes are priceless. Wilson holds his own as well but the loudest applause was for the cameo of the Great One. "Mom, were's the Meatloaf, FUCK!!" That has to be the best line of the year. I wish Vince was the main lead instead of Wilson because his scenes had he gasping for air.

A+

Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************

Doesn't that make them cousins which both girls should have know when they were messing around with the guys.

Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

funniest movie of the year so far. vince vaughn kicked major ass

A-

Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:18 pm
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
funniest movie of the year so far. vince vaughn kicked major ass

A-

he was very good.

Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Grill

It's the funniest movie this summer and of all time! Vince and Owen are the best comedy duo. A+

Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:56 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

The funniest movie I've seen since Anchorman. Vaughn, Wilson, and Walken were terrific.

9.5/10 (A)

Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:49 am
Teenage Dream

Not nearly as funny as it should have been, but still funnier than most "comedies" that make their way into theaters. There's only one or two bust a gut type scenes, where as a film like Anchorman (my preferred style of comedy) has countless. It is overly long (clocking in at two hours, it could have used a good fifteen minute trim) and is a lot more difficult to get through than it should be, but it is mildly funny and has a terrific cast that all fill their respected roles perfectly. I'd give it a B-.

On a side note, I normally am not the type to take offense to anything I see in a movie, but I felt like the inclusion of a certain gay character in the film for the soul intention of getting the audience grossed out was a little much.

Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:42 am
Forum General

Question - Uncle Ned?

Doesn't that make them cousins which both girls should have know when they were messing around with the guys.

bump to anyone.

Wouldn't they have been cousins?

Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:45 am
Profile WWW
College Boy T

Goldie wrote:
Question - Uncle Ned?

bump to anyone.

Perhaps they were cousins of the groom? They wouldn't have any relationship with the girls that way...

makeshift, I think everything in the movie is meant to get the audience to laugh. The grandmother, Vaughn's girl, the gay kid, and Vaughn/Wilson themselves all serve the same purpose. With that in mind, I didn't find it offensive. Keep in mind, though, that The Wedding Crashers is more of a situational comedy. It relies on embarassing situations and the sense of trouble to get its laughs. It's much better handling a minority character than a movie like Anchorman, where, had it a minority character, the minority character would've been used for offensive lines.

Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:06 am
Forum General

Goldie wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Question - Uncle Ned?

bump to anyone.

Perhaps they were cousins of the groom? They wouldn't have any relationship with the girls that way...

No big deal but the reason I think it was the girls side.

The groom asked the question and they answered pointing towards and talking to the girls and then the girls kept on saying who - no big deal but just seems like a mistake that I questioned when I heard it.

Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The funniest movie I've seen since Anchorman. Vaughn, Wilson, and Walken were terrific.

9.5/10 (A)
Anchorman sucked, but this was great =D>

The movie had it's slow times and turns into somewhat of a romance, but thats alright. Vaughn was great, Wilson did his job, and the supporting cast was really good.

Grade - B+

Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:24 pm
Draughty

Vaughn and Wilson reteam for Outsourced next summer. About 2 workers who get fired when their jobs are outsourced so they go down to Mexico to get their old jobs back.

Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

and by the way, the preview for 40 year old virgin that they showed was awesome :lol:

Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:30 pm
Forum General

Very funny film and in the end, it really has a heart. This is a movie that really had me laughing out loud and I normally don't, sometimes I'll giggle. There were some parts in the film that just made me crack up. One part was where Rachel McAdams mother put her elbow on the table and it just slipped off, thats the humor I find funny and the film was filled with that kind of humor. Also, about people thinking it's homophobic, it's not. The mother, I guess is a little homophobic. There isn't anything bashing gay people though and honestly, it's probably one of the funniest parts of the whole movie. I definetely recommend THE WEDDING CRASHERS! One of 2005 funniest films!

Also, what are you saying about the gay charactor grossing the audience out? I didn't think it was gross out at all, it was quite humorous, actually. The audience really laughed at it. There were some older people (older than 60) and they too LOVED the movie. I was quite shocked. I think this is definetely the crowd pleaser of the year.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Speed Racer

Vince and Owen were hysterical. (Actually, I thought Vince and his entire situation were the best part of the movie.)

The only reason I gave it a B+ instead of an A was because I thought the movie slowed down a lot towards the end, after Owen started mooning over Rachel McAdam's character.

But the audience laughed and was entertained throughout.

PS - The 40 Year Old Virgin trailer got a lot of laughs during the previews.

Beating a Drum for: DaVinci Code, Cars, Pirates of the Carribbean II

Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next