Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Wedding Crashers 

What grade would you give this film?
A 51%  51%  [ 36 ]
B 31%  31%  [ 22 ]
C 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
D 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
F 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 71

Wedding Crashers 

If you have not seen the film stop reading, b/c I probably wrote spoilers, so move along.

The son was as stupid character, and I found some of his scenes offensive. His character was in such poor taste, and circa some bad 80's film. The only time anythign with his son was funny was Vaughn comments on the picture, they rest of it was just bad.

Vaughn and Wilson looked 10 years to old for their love interests.

The love stories were to predictable and boring.

Vaughn was funny, but his funny scenes were cut up by long stretches of meh.

Given what see about Walken in term sof his son and the comments and his future run for president, his overall, whatever reaction tot his daughter's choices is illogical..we are led to believe that mcAdams goes out with crazy boy to join to families, and that this is what her father and psyho boy wants, and then her father is like, whatever. I found the movie completely unralistic, which would have been ok if the movie was funny, but Vaughna dn the cameo by Ferrell are really the onyl good parts of hte film, and that amounts to maybe 25 minutes. The rest of it is meh.

Last edited by Ripper on Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:18 pm

Excuse me, but I think you missed a pivotal part of the forum description:
Eagle wrote:
This is the place to give us YOUR reviews on the movies you have seen. Discussion of movies is welcomed, but please do not comment if you have not previously seen the movie! Spoilers are ALLOWED inside, but please give an adequate spoiler warning for those just lookinf for reviews. (white text or *Spoiler* wil do fine.)

You didn't.

Is this really a rule of the forum, b/c if it well then I can go back to onot visitng this forum. Its a review foruma nd I have to alret peopel to spoilers, I mean c'mon, this is just insane.

I now have to but all my posts here in white, so why bother posting.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:20 pm
Extraordinary

She makes a fine point. This is a post-viewing review forum. Its been stated over and over again that its for reviews and discussions for people after they've sene the movie. If one doesn't want to know about the movie contents before-ahnd...don't read the thread on it. Read it after watching the movie.

What's the big deal?

People can discuss anything having to do with the movie here.

Apparently, Wedding Crashers is popular enough that it fills seats despite knowing the cameo...so hey, clearly there's more to its style and content than that anyways. I still haven't seen it. Can't wait though. I'll try to squeeze it in tomorrow. Its between it and Charlie, both of which interest me. Maybe I'll do a double header?

Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:58 pm

Thanks Ripper.
She makes a fine point. This is a post-viewing review forum. Its been stated over and over again that its for reviews and discussions for people after they've sene the movie. If one doesn't want to know about the movie contents before-ahnd...don't read the thread on it. Read it after watching the movie.

What's the big deal?

People can discuss anything having to do with the movie here.

Apparently, Wedding Crashers is popular enough that it fills seats despite knowing the cameo...so hey, clearly there's more to its style and content than that anyways. I still haven't seen it. Can't wait though. I'll try to squeeze it in tomorrow. Its between it and Charlie, both of which interest me. Maybe I'll do a double header?

Agreed, if they want a feel for how the board feels just read the grades. I don't read the thread till Ia hve seen the film or I have decided I don;t care baout spoilers. Outisde this forum spoiler warnings should be used always, but in here we need to relax the rules.

Posters coudl do a hsort one sentence sum of their reivew at the top of their post near their grade and then start the spoilers after, but to have to place me review in white text, well 95% of the posts here would be white text..it goes against the point of the forum.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:19 pm
Cream of the Crop

Well, that was a waste of two hours and $6.50 that I coulda spent on Charlie... I have now learned that I should never think that luck is on my side and I will never be pulled into a coin toss ever again.

I am currently trying to figure out if this movie has so many brain cells that I won't be able to function when college starts up again next month.

I just got back from seeing the stupidest movie I've ever seen, and nothing can change my mind. I can't believe I let my sister drag me into this. I should have been more persuasive. I could have been sitting in a fun movie, laughing my head off for two hours (Charlie). Instead, I got stuck in a boring, predictable, cliche, and completely *unfunny* movie (this one).

I can't even begin to say what I didn't like about this. The only joke I found funny was the Ike Turner quip near the end. Will Farrell was better in Bewitched, Vince Vaughan should stick to Jurassic Park-type roles, and Owen Wilson needs to partner up with Jackie Chan again before he does another movie with Vaughan.

The humor was hokey and tasteless. The movie highlighted how stupid, insensitive, and downright *dumb* men are. It was completely sexist and made women look foolish by falling for every STUPID line those guys came up with. Yeah... fucking... right. I wouldn't go near those guys with a ten-foot pole. Oh, and don't even get me started on the extremely offensive homosexual stereotyping.

Worst movie of the summer.

Grade: F

Joy

PS:

Audience Reaction: minimal; very few laughs; FAR less than Charlie, that's for sure

Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

Audience Reaction: minimal; very few laughs; FAR less than Charlie, that's for sure

Yeah, suuuure :twisted:

Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

tina_als_girl wrote:

LOL, I know, I don't know what theatre they were at b/c when I saw it, the audience would laugh so hard that I would miss the next few lines of the movie b/c I coudln't hear over the laughter.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

Maximus wrote:
tina_als_girl wrote:

LOL, I know, I don't know what theatre they were at b/c when I saw it, the audience would laugh so hard that I would miss the next few lines of the movie b/c I coudln't hear over the laughter.

Yup. Same here.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:10 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

I must say I'm really impressed that everyone is loving this. When I came out of THE DEVIL'S REJECTS today, I was waiting for my dad to pick my friend and I up and when CRASHERS let out, everyone was talking about how much they enjoyed it.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
Cream of the Crop

Maximus wrote:
tina_als_girl wrote:

Well, you know, not all audiences are the same.

I'm being completely honest in what I say. Believe me, if the audience had been as into it as others seem to have, I would have said so and began riffing on my audience and wondering aloud what was wrong with them.... ;)

Joy

Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:07 am
Profile WWW
Great review Joy. You're well on your way to becoming a true fanatic. :wink:

Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:54 am

In short, this film was the best comedy in years

Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:55 pm
Cream of the Crop

Great review Joy. You're well on your way to becoming a true fanatic. :wink:

I'm glad you added that wink, or I'd definitely have been offended. You know, just because I give a bad review for one movie, and a good one for another doesn't mean I do it out of bias. I really, truly hated Wedding Crashers. I knew I was going to from the first time I saw its trailer, far before I ever saw certain other movies.

I thought American Pie was far more hilarious. Heck, I thought even Old School was funnier.

That's just how I think. And apparently, I'm not the only one who didn't like this film, as I'm not the only one to have given it an F rating in the poll...

Joy

Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Giving an F to Wedding Crashers is BLASPHEMY!!!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:47 pm
Cream of the Crop

No, it's called an opinion.

Joy

Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Wedding Crashers is great, but not quite the best comedy in years. Just a damn good one, that is one of my favorites of the year.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:52 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

ChipMunky wrote:

Joy

No, it's called blasphemy as I have clearly stated...

Seriously, no movie deserves and F if it is made professionaly

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:37 am
Veteran

A- I actually really love this film Vince and Owen are a great team together. the movie was alround funny and light hearted

Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:02 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

It was pretty funny. Saw it yesterday. I've been scanning this thread and there have been comments about the gay son. While I don't think it was all that offensive to include a gay character, I do think, as far as tone, it was mishandled. Why? Because Walken's senator seems otherwise to be good natured. He makes a huge speech at the end saying how he respects his daughters decisions and ultimately just wants them to be happy. He never liked who MacAddams character was dating, but said he put up with it because he thought it made her happy. So I don't see the difference between disliking a fiance and disliking a sexual orientation as long as his son is happy? It didn't quite match Walken's fairly sympathetic father figure. That and for a kid going to RISD, he painted for crap, and they made his skills a joke too. Basically the entire humour of the movie was much more good natured than his charater construction.

That being said, it didn't bother me too much, and Wedding Crashers was entirely good natured, fast paced, has a couple moments where I was really laughing out loud...and an cute/original premesis to begin with. Parts of it dragged a bit, and I ended up liking the Vaugn romance alot more than Owen's. Still, I'd give it a B. And wow, I was surprised at the sexual humour. It certainly is going to prove r-rated comedies have an audiance.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:27 pm
New Server, Same X

tina_als_girl wrote:
ChipMunky wrote:

Joy

Alone in the Dark was *technically* a professionally-made film.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:39 pm
life begins now

It gets a solid B+ from me. I was laughing-out-loud for most of it, but I thought (Like eveyone else it seems like) that it dragged towards the end. And the audience seemed to love it. About the gay son, I'll admit that I laughed almost everytime the camera panned to him, but it had nothing to do with him being gay; It was more of the fact that he was really weird. The supporting cast was fantastic, especially the grandma and the sister Gloria.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:00 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
It was pretty funny. Saw it yesterday. I've been scanning this thread and there have been comments about the gay son. While I don't think it was all that offensive to include a gay character, I do think, as far as tone, it was mishandled. Why? Because Walken's senator seems otherwise to be good natured. He makes a huge speech at the end saying how he respects his daughters decisions and ultimately just wants them to be happy. He never liked who MacAddams character was dating, but said he put up with it because he thought it made her happy. So I don't see the difference between disliking a fiance and disliking a sexual orientation as long as his son is happy? It didn't quite match Walken's fairly sympathetic father figure. That and for a kid going to RISD, he painted for crap, and they made his skills a joke too. Basically the entire humour of the movie was much more good natured than his charater construction.

That being said, it didn't bother me too much, and Wedding Crashers was entirely good natured, fast paced, has a couple moments where I was really laughing out loud...and an cute/original premesis to begin with. Parts of it dragged a bit, and I ended up liking the Vaugn romance alot more than Owen's. Still, I'd give it a B. And wow, I was surprised at the sexual humour. It certainly is going to prove r-rated comedies have an audiance.

Not having read much of the thread, I thought that son was more played as being wierd and out of place than gay.

- His first scene at the wedding.
- His painting and yelling at the father during the football game.
- The last scene at the wedding

Etc.

In this comedy, I think the point was his overall wierdness and not just that he was gay.

Also if their intention was to play him up as majorly gay, they would have given him alot more gay stero-types.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

ChipMunky wrote:
tina_als_girl wrote:
ChipMunky wrote:

Joy

Alone in the Dark was *technically* a professionally-made film.

Uwe Bowle... or however you spell his name... isn't a professional

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:08 am
The French Dutch Boy

A riot. I was completely enthralled throughout. All the funny parts were entertaining, and all of the more serious or romantic parts were engaging. The film was not the most laugh out loud funny I've seen, but it succeeded everywhere else. Great flow, a sense of real edge to it, nice plot buildup. Just a totally solid comedy. Immensely, immensely better than total crapfests like Dodgeball or Anchorman.

B

PEACE, Mike.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:41 am
Christian's #1 Fan

By far the funniest film of the year. The chemistry between the leads was perfect and there was no shortage of laughs. Definately a film that will hold up on repeat viewings, it is the comedy of the year (thus far).

A

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next