Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Fright Night (1985) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Fright Night (1985) 
College Boy Z

Post Fright Night (1985)
Fright Night

Quote:
Fright Night is a 1985 American horror film written and directed by Tom Holland and produced by Herb Jaffe. The film stars Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Amanda Bearse, Roddy McDowall, Stephen Geoffreys and Jonathan Stark. Supporting cast members include Dorothy Fielding, Art Evans, Irina Irvine, Heidi Sorenson and Nick Savage. The visual effects producer was Richard Edlund. Fright Night was released on August 2, 1985. It was also followed by a 1988 sequel, Fright Night Part II.

Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:31 pm
George A. Romero

One of the best and most underestimated horror movies of the 1980's. This movie is brilliant and seems to slip under the radar every time great horror movies are discussed. Chris Sarandon is brilliant as Jerry Dandridge, and Roddy McDowall is great as Vampire-Killer Peter Vincent. This movie has some genuinely frightning moments and some humorous ones as well, mostly provided by the horror and occult loving "Evil Ed"

A-

Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:29 pm
Award Winning Bastard

I just watched this again the other night. It was both funny and a good thriller (or scary, for those of you who get scared). It's one of those movies that most of you guys probably haven't seen, but would probably enjoy a great deal if you did. Highly recommended!

A-

Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:52 pm
You must have big rats

I just watched this again the other night. It was both funny and a good thriller (or scary, for those of you who get scared). It's one of those movies that most of you guys probably haven't seen, but would probably enjoy a great deal if you did. Highly recommended!

A-

Scary? I think not. But such a blast to watch, hehe. Seen the sequel?

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Maverikk wrote:

A-

The sequel sucks!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:12 pm
George A. Romero

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Maverikk wrote:

A-

The sequel sucks!

yes, it does. the first was brilliant and they had to go and make a terrible sequel. they should have just left it alone, a sequel wasn't necessary at all.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:13 pm
You must have big rats

This movie is a must-see for all horror fans and it is probably one of the most pure and genuine fun horror movies I have ever seen. It is simple, the plot is not contrived, the characters are not complex and the showdown is classic. Nothing about this movie suggests depth or complexity and yet it is a really good movie because it fulfils what it sets out to be - a fun ride. I do not perceive this movie as scary at all. It probably isn't even supposed to be scary. I do, however, think that it was a funny movie and also a fun one. It plays a bit with the clichés of old classic horror movies and thereby adds a classic touch to itself. It's cheesy, its goofy and some of the effects may seem dodgy, but it doesn't change the fact to me that it is an entertaining romp with good acting for the genre and it provides with endless entertainment from the start to the finish. The sequel, while not terrible, definitely falls short of the original.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:07 am
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

Post Re: Fright Night (1985)
Hopelessly 80s, but it's goofy fun and Roddy McDowall is a blast. The gore and effects are pretty effective, too.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:27 pm
The Wall

It's kind of fun and goofy at times. Then again it's kind of too annoying (I'm looking at you Evil Ed) and too goofy at times. It's definitely very 80's which is always a good thing. But I can't say I was too involved into it.

Some effects are really amazing even for today's standards.

**1/2 / ***** (C-)

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

This was a pretty good time. Slightly better than the remake (which I watched right after.) I do think that some of the so called protaganists were overly annoying, to the point where I wouldn't have been all that upset if everyone ended up getting eaten. The vampire seems like a pretty reasonable dude outside of all the murderin. The "vampire hunter" was my favorite of the good guys. So fake and cowardly yet comes through when it matters.

7/10

Sat May 25, 2024 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]