Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Dune Part 2>The Marvels Club 
Quality is a great business plan

Post Re: Dune Part 2>The Marvels Club
https://twitter.com/TheGregoryE/status/ ... 8911130624

This is gonna break out huge. I wont be surprised if it goes as high as 300m domestic.

I used to be shawman.

Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:02 pm
Hold the door!

Dune part 2 has more trailer views (22m to 19m) on YouTube

Mon May 22, 2023 11:03 pm
Romosexual!

the first DUNE only made $108m domestic. I highly doubt it'll 3x that :lol:
The Marvels got this sooo easy :roll:

Tue May 23, 2023 9:09 am
Hold the door!

The Marvels ain’t making 300m

Tue May 23, 2023 9:25 am

Rev wrote:

Dune was held back being simultaneous HBO Max release. It did so much despite being available for free on your big screen tv from release date !!! This time it will realize its potential plus the sequel has so much more potential having done the setup. You better wait and see. I am a firm believer in Dune winning this comfortably.

I used to be shawman.

Tue May 23, 2023 10:09 am
Romosexual!

Keyser Söze wrote:
Rev wrote:

Dune was held back being simultaneous HBO Max release. It did so much despite being available for free on your big screen tv from release date !!! This time it will realize its potential plus the sequel has so much more potential having done the setup. You better wait and see. I am a firm believer in Dune winning this comfortably.

Take your own advise :lol:

Tue May 23, 2023 10:11 am

All we have for now are trailer metrics. Dune > Marvels there already :-)

I used to be shawman.

Tue May 23, 2023 11:25 am
Extraordinary

As of now I feel like they may have similar runs. Dune will certainly increase but over $275m+ seems like a stretch. Marvels I see doing $220-250m maybe. Having these 2 and Hunger Games all within 3 weeks is really stupid.

Tue May 23, 2023 11:46 am
now we know

Nobody cares about Dune Part 2 really. It will be lucky to make $85 million. The Marvels also won't do great but it could be pulled after 2 weeks and it will still out-gross Dune Part 2.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 23, 2023 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Algren wrote:
Nobody cares about Dune Part 2 really. It will be lucky to make $85 million. The Marvels also won't do great but it could be pulled after 2 weeks and it will still out-gross Dune Part 2.

I don’t see how it doesn’t at least match the original

Tue May 23, 2023 12:27 pm
now we know

zwackerm wrote:
Algren wrote:

Maybe a percentage of patrons to the first didn't like it? thought it was boring? and don't want to fall asleep again?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 23, 2023 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Algren wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Algren wrote:

Maybe a percentage of patrons to the first didn't like it? thought it was boring? and don't want to fall asleep again?

Lol

Tue May 23, 2023 12:50 pm
Romosexual!

Keyser Söze wrote:
All we have for now are trailer metrics. Dune > Marvels there already :-)

What about the MCU metrics? ;)

Tue May 23, 2023 12:53 pm
Romosexual!

Algren wrote:

:lol: Algren knows

Tue May 23, 2023 12:54 pm
Wall-E

Algren wrote:

What. Dune was well received and made 108M on a day and date release. The sequel will increase. Full stop. The only argument there can be had is on how much.

Before you even try and say it wasn't well received, all metrics say it is and the film had a pretty good shelf life and did quite well even on home video. Just don't.

Tue May 23, 2023 1:57 pm
Hold the door!

90% audience score and A- cinema score seem good to me.

Tue May 23, 2023 2:01 pm
The Kramer

Dune was not a great movie to watch at midnight on the night it came out. Very hypnotic and nearly put me to sleep on several occassions. It was much better the second time in theaters. However, if you didn't give it a second chance in theaters, or didn't read the book, then I can see why someone would struggle with it.

However, this one has the big battle sequence and I think that will put lots of butts in the seats before the series has a mega drop with Part 3.

Tue May 23, 2023 2:08 pm
Extraordinary

This will be a good one to see how much "young Hollywood" matters or is irrelevant.

Timothy, Zendaya, Austin and Florence. Pretty much every "it" star of the last 3 years.

And if Timothy's Chocolate Factory takes off right after that, his asking price will go up a lot.

Tue May 23, 2023 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

$108 million isn't much for such an "epic and breathtaking movie". The sequel really has nowhere to grow, well received or not. I can see it decrease, if even by $5 million. It's not as if the sequel takes the franchise in a new direction. It's just more of the same. More sand, more sand, more Chalamet, more Zendaya, and more sand. Yawn. You could swap the opening titles for both movies and nobody would be able to tell the different, lol

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 23, 2023 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Algren wrote:
$108 million isn't much for such an "epic and breathtaking movie". The sequel really has nowhere to grow, well received or not. I can see it decrease, if even by $5 million. It's not as if the sequel takes the franchise in a new direction. It's just more of the same. More sand, more sand, more Chalamet, more Zendaya, and more sand. Yawn. You could swap the opening titles for both movies and nobody would be able to tell the different, lol

Okay :roll: calm your ass down

Tue May 23, 2023 2:58 pm
Wall-E

Algren wrote:

108 million for a film that released on hbo max the same day, during the pandemic...does the fact that it made nearly 300 million overseas (again, during the pandemic) really not suggest that PERHAPS the domestic number in normal conditions would've been just a tad higher?

Tue May 23, 2023 3:07 pm
Romosexual!

JustLurking wrote:
Algren wrote:

108 million for a film that released on hbo max the same day, during the pandemic...does the fact that it made nearly 300 million overseas (again, during the pandemic) really not suggest that PERHAPS the domestic number in normal conditions would've been just a tad higher?

Yah a tad higher :lol: not triple it

Tue May 23, 2023 3:16 pm
now we know

Rev wrote:
JustLurking wrote:
Algren wrote:

+1

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 23, 2023 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Wall-E

Algren wrote:
Rev wrote:
JustLurking wrote:
Algren wrote:

+1

There is no way this film doesn't clear 200M at minimum in normal conditions, why on earth would a dune film randomly have such a bad DOM:int split, especially considering it's not like DOM was the only market affected? That makes absolutely no sense, China wasn't even a strong market for this!

I seriously struggle to believe you think a film literally being available for streaming on the same day of its theatrical release makes such little impact, the argument just feels like bad faith "I didn't like the film therefore it tanked".

Tue May 23, 2023 3:42 pm
now we know

JustLurking wrote:
There is no way this film doesn't clear 200M at minimum in normal conditions, why on earth would a dune film randomly have such a bad DOM:int split, especially considering it's not like DOM was the only market affected? That makes absolutely no sense, China wasn't even a strong market for this!

I seriously struggle to believe you think a film literally being available for streaming on the same day of its theatrical release makes such little impact, the argument just feels like bad faith "I didn't like the film therefore it tanked".

I'm not even disputing that :funny:

But you're dead wrong about this clearing $200 million guaranteed.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 23, 2023 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next