Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom predictions 
Quality is a great business plan

Post Re: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom predictions
O wrote:
Joker is a 99% a sure bet IMO with DP3 a close second so don't think it should be mentioned in the same sentence as some of those others. Critical acclaim, $1B+ gross, strong multiplier, box office smash, Lady Gaga, pent up demand waiting 5 years, I think Joker and Spiderverse are probably the most critically acclaimed comic movies out there and think its safe from this MCU / DCU mess. Joker could very well go up from the last one.

The 1% is just because they say its a musical but considering Wonka, Color Purple might do gangbusters doesn't seem like people are as cool to musicals as they used to be. TGS and A Star Is Born really opened this generation to those where the quality and hype is there for movies people want to watch.

I think that is likely but I wont call it sure shot bet at this point. Let us see how Deadpool does next year 1st.

I used to be shawman.

Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:36 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom predictions
So Aquaman has a darkhorse chance at $400M globally. Seems like it will do $130M domestic at least.

With a $205M budget, WB pulling a lot of big marketing spend, and what could be a 4.69X domestic multiplier (!), everything that could have gone right for WB here did!

They got a lot of bad press on this one but for the headwinds it had against it, even if its down significantly from a $1.15B predecessor, $400M would be saving face a little and double The Marvels.

Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4