Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 452 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 TRANSFORMERS 3: Dark Of The Moon (INTL.) 
Forum General

Post TRANSFORMERS 3: Dark Of The Moon (INTL.)
TRANSFORMERS 3: Dark Of The Moon (INTL.)

---

Transformers - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31090
Transformers 2: ROTS - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51303

I surrender who I've been for who you are
Nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours
I would have known what I've been living for all along
What I've been living for

Last edited by Archangel on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:09 am, edited 9 times in total.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:08 pm
Forum General

Post Re: TRANSFORMERS 3: Dark Of The Moon (INTL.)
Very simple, yet awesome poster. :thumbsup:

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

This is going to be big Domestically and above average OS similar to the previous 2 movies. I don't think it will increase the OS total this time around as it did last time. Even with 3D boost in the OS markets (as we saw this year), it is going to have to bear with the "not so good" WOM of TF2.

It will decrease considerably in admissions and wind up with about 450m OS total (I know doesn't sound like decrease but I see that it will have a really high 3D sales).

Domestic - 350m
OS - 450m
Worldwise - 800m

It still has a very good chance of over-performing in OS markets. Even with over performance I don't see this cracking 1B WW.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:11 am
Forum General

SolC9 wrote:

I'm not sure if its even official, just looks badass :lol:

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:56 am
Extraordinary

Looks almost the same as your newest avatar...

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

mark66 wrote:
Looks almost the same as your newest avatar...

:wub2: I can't choose between, they're both so HOT! :lol:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:02 am
Romosexual!

SolC9 wrote:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:13 am
Forum General

Jack Sparrow wrote:
This is going to be big Domestically and above average OS similar to the previous 2 movies. I don't think it will increase the OS total this time around as it did last time. Even with 3D boost in the OS markets (as we saw this year), it is going to have to bear with the "not so good" WOM of TF2.

It will decrease considerably in admissions and wind up with about 450m OS total (I know doesn't sound like decrease but I see that it will have a really high 3D sales).

Domestic - 350m
OS - 450m
Worldwise - 800m

It still has a very good chance of over-performing in OS markets. Even with over performance I don't see this cracking 1B WW.

Even thinking that this movie has any shot at $1billion is insane, it wont' get there. This movie unfortunately does not have the strength in the Japanese or European markets to do numbers like Ice Age 3, it plays more like a top tier comic feature overseas. $500m overseas is a possibility however. It may however, suffer a simlar fate to Eclipse which saw a decrease over New Moon, this won't drop below $400m overseas but the potential at the momment is hovering $400m-500m.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:58 am
The Wall

Jack Sparrow wrote:

RE3 had not-so-good WOM. Look how RE4 in 3D did overseas.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

be.redy wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

Well, that's simply not true. WOM for RE3 was good, it was also a solid improvement over 2nd film. And you can hardly find anyone who enjoyed TF2. TF2 already dropped in admissions overseas compared to TF thanks to toxic WOM.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:49 am
Forum General

Mr. R wrote:
be.redy wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

Well, that's simply not true. WOM for RE3 was good, it was also a solid improvement over 2nd film. And you can hardly find anyone who enjoyed TF2. TF2 already dropped in admissions overseas compared to TF thanks to toxic WOM.

The thing with RE4 i think is that the trailer and whole setting of the movie was so much better than RE3. In addition, the market worldwide was craving for a mindless action shootfest with decent special effects.

Transformers i think is one of those movies which is probably critic proof, that is if they release a blasting final trailer with massive SFX shots. It might drop from TF2 (domestic is a very high possibility), its overall gross should remain quite strong.

Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:06 am
Forum General

RELEASE Dates:

The only way to survive in a tough international market, surrounded by the likes of Kung Fu Panda and Harry Potter 7-2 is to have a simultaneous worldwide release.

Country Date
France 29 June 2011
Australia 30 June 2011
Chile 30 June 2011
Denmark 30 June 2011
Hungary 30 June 2011
Malaysia 30 June 2011
Portugal 30 June 2011
Taiwan 30 June 2011
Brazil 1 July 2011
Canada 1 July 2011
Colombia 1 July 2011
India 1 July 2011
Italy 1 July 2011
Mexico 1 July 2011
Norway 1 July 2011
Panama 1 July 2011
Poland 1 July 2011
Sweden 1 July 2011
UK 1 July 2011
USA 1 July 2011

Last edited by Archangel on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:52 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I expect 30 June 2011 release in Singapore as well....I wonder if they will release it a week earlier in 3D only screens as they have been doing for most of the big 3D movies from last December.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:55 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

July 29th in Japan.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Ocarina of Time

I see this one grossing from 425m to 475m, it will have a hard competition during its release overseas,,,,,,,,,,,,, not reaching the 500m

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 pm
Forum General

Corpse wrote:
July 29th in Japan.

Don't know why they tend to delay its release in Japan. This is a full month after most of the world gets it. Too bad the movie is not a big grosser in Japan, it's the only thing preventing the past two movies grossing $550m+.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:10 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Archangel wrote:
Corpse wrote:
July 29th in Japan.

Don't know why they tend to delay its release in Japan. This is a full month after most of the world gets it. Too bad the movie is not a big grosser in Japan, it's the only thing preventing the past two movies grossing $550m+.

I think it's simply because they don't expect much of it in the region. Early/Mid July is already looking crowded anyway though with bigger releases, so late July might be for the best.

The first film did well, grossing 4.01 billion yen (#10 of 2007). Below expectations, but certainly a respectable number. The sequel lost over 40% of it's audience though, grossing just 2.32 billion yen.

Transformers 3 definitely isn't looking too good right now, and will probably just hit the 2 billion yen mark this Summer. 3D only helps if people actually want to see the film and/or liked previous installments.

We may have a better idea though based on how Narnia 3 performs (opens 2/25) with 3D. Legs are going to greatly suffer however with Doraemon 3D opening on 3/5, followed by Tangled in 3D on 3/12... and then One Piece 3D/Toriko 3D Double Feature on 3/19... Hell, Narnia is just going to die, so nevermind it now to be honest.

Narnia 1 grossed 6.86 billion yen (#6 of 2006), while Narnia 2 dropped 56% grossing 3.00 billion yen.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Corpse wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Corpse wrote:
July 29th in Japan.

I think it's simply because they don't expect much of it in the region. Early/Mid July is already looking crowded anyway though with bigger releases, so late July might be for the best.

The first film did well, grossing 4.01 billion yen (#10 of 2007). Below expectations, but certainly a respectable number. The sequel lost over 40% of it's audience though, grossing just 2.32 billion yen.

Transformers 3 definitely isn't looking too good right now, and will probably just hit the 2 billion yen mark this Summer. 3D only helps if people actually want to see the film and/or liked previous installments.

We may have a better idea though based on how Narnia 3 performs (opens 2/25) with 3D. Legs are going to greatly suffer however with Doraemon 3D opening on 3/5, followed by Tangled in 3D on 3/12... and then One Piece 3D/Toriko 3D Double Feature on 3/19... Hell, Narnia is just going to die, so nevermind it now to be honest.

Narnia 1 grossed 6.86 billion yen (#6 of 2006), while Narnia 2 dropped 56% grossing 3.00 billion yen.

You might be right, July is going to be huge so it may pay off if it distances it from Pirates 4 and HP7-2 which will obviously be huge there.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:20 am
Forum General

Transformers 3 is apparently going to be the last movie for Michael Bay and the current team, while i'm sadden to hear that this will be the end of the Trilogy, you can't help but think that there's no way Paramount is going to let this franchise stay on the shelf for long.

Were in the midst of two major reboots at the momment. Pirates 4 coming 4 years after At World's End and presumeably kick-starting a new Trilogy. Spiderman reboot comes out in 2012 with a new cast or 5 years after the previous one.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see T4/reboot; post T3, it's clear that we won't see anything until 2013 at the earliest; my guess is 2014/5. This franchise has been releasing movies every 2 years....perhaps the 2nd fastest (4-years) for a franchise not shot together (like LOTRs and Matrix2/3, Pirates 2/3) behind Harry Potter 3 which did it in 3.5 years. They will definately want a break after T3.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:31 am
Forum General

Are we all excited or what, Superbowl Teaser is the bomb :shock: Easily the best of them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlvKLDTFkkA

Some pretty epic scenes in there, it looks and feels more like the original Transformers for sure. Also, i love some of the new formations. That black flying dragon/bird/pterodactyl looks very Megatron (Beast Wars/Beast Machines). And that big tentacled squid like robot, not sure if its also Megatron or something else.

Love It. :funny:

Also looking forward to Thor and Pirates 4 of course. Capitan America doesn't look as exciting as Thor to me. Super 8 and Cowboys & Aliens, a bit undecided. Need to see more.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:41 am
Forum General

Archangel wrote:
Are we all excited or what, Superbowl Teaser is the bomb :shock: Easily the best of them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlvKLDTFkkA

Some pretty epic scenes in there, it looks and feels more like the original Transformers for sure. Also, i love some of the new formations. That black flying dragon/bird/pterodactyl looks very Megatron (Beast Wars/Beast Machines). And that big tentacled squid like robot, not sure if its also Megatron or something else.

Love It. :funny:

Also looking forward to Thor and Pirates 4 of course. Capitan America doesn't look as exciting as Thor to me. Super 8 and Cowboys & Aliens, a bit undecided. Need to see more.

Agree completely. We seem to be in the minority though liking Thor over Captain America.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Nah, Super 8 and Battle LA were the best spots. Transformers 3 wasn't bad, though, but one pretty much knows what to expect from the movie.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:09 pm
Forum General

Nazgul9 wrote:
Nah, Super 8 and Battle LA were the best spots. Transformers 3 wasn't bad, though, but one pretty much knows what to expect from the movie.

Not that impressed with Super 8 frankly. It's buzz at the momment is questionable.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:02 am
Forum General

Transformers is the next franchise with potential of breaking the Top 5 All-Time Domestic Trilogies total; where will it land?

1) Star Wars 1-3: $1,122,035,614
2) Spiderman 1-3: $1,113,822,503
3) Star Wars 4-6: $1,060,779,251
4) Pirates Of The Caribbean: $1,038,150,155
5) Lord Of The Rings: $1,033,551,625
6) Shrek 1-3: $1,031,611,202

The first two installments have registered $721,358,063; that puts at #5 after 2 releases; behind only Spiderman, Star Wars 4-5, Star Wars 1-2 and Pirates 1-2. It's pretty much tracking just where Pirates of the Caribbean was at this point.

1) Transformers - $319,246,193
2) Transformers 2 - $402,111,870

Transformers 3 needs to cross $312m to enter the Top 5 (i think it will do this), and needs $339m to enter the Top 3. To claim the all-time total, it will need to cross $401m. No release has registered more than 1 release above $400m.

Nolan's Batman and Avatar will of course change that, but in the meantime....i see Top 3 for Transformers with a 50-50 shot at the all-time total. If this 3rd release blows expectations and registers Transformers 1 like WOM, it may just get to $400m. At the momment i see a domestic total just less than that unfortunately due to the lingering aftertaste of T2.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:38 pm
Forum General

The new Trailer will arrive with Fast 5. This is looking more exciting by the minute, some of the articles i've read seem quite positive. Can't wait to see the footage in the trailer.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 452 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next