Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What Identifies You With a Specific Political Party? 
Waiiit, when did I say that? lol

I'm not even saying I agree with Finland's laws, but I'm not gonna go and try to change every law in every country either.

And I know crime rate in the U.S. is higher than countries like Switzerland and Canada. Like I said, though, differnt things work in different places, and I think stricter gun controls in the U.S. would only help crime

"Help crime"? Is that a Freudian slip or do you really feel that way?

And again, it' shard to make judgements about crimes in different countries without knowing the numbers. Your "knowing that crime rates in other countries are higher" doesn't make things any easier.

Common wisdom says that having a gun is the biggest deterrent against having a crime commited against you.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:39 pm
A very honest-hearted fellow

I tend to lean towards the Republican party because they tend to best represent the views I and the constitution hold. Also, I enjoy driving my Rolls Royce through underpaid child workers and cracking whips upon them.

Last edited by Caius on Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
I tend to lean towards the Republican party because they tend to best represent the views I and the constitution hold. Also, I enjoy driving my Rolls Royce through underpaid child workers and cracking whips upon them.

Bah!

I have Negro slaves to do that!

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:42 pm

KidRock69x wrote:

Bah!

I'm an equal oppurtunity slave holder.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Krem wrote:
KidRock69x wrote:

Bah!

Do you get huge tax breaks for that?

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:48 pm

KidRock69x wrote:
Krem wrote:
KidRock69x wrote:

Bah!

Do you get huge tax breaks for that?

Not really. We sent our organization off-shore so as to get some big tax loopholes.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Not really. We sent our organization off-shore so as to get some big tax loopholes.

Wise choice. May I recommend employing 8-year olds in your dark sweatshop, and fucking up the environment in the process?

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:52 pm

recommend employing 8-year olds in your dark sweatshop, and fucking up the environment in the process?

Done and done. We do that in a fashion reminesent of Genghis Kahn :D

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

LMAO off. it never ceases to amaze me how astute you two actually are. Those is one powerful string of one-liners.

-Dolce

Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:03 pm
LMAO off. it never ceases to amaze me how astute you two actually are. Those is one powerful string of one-liners.

-Dolce

We practiced :oops:

Besides, those come naturally, after one has been attacked so many times using exactly the same language.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:39 pm
Angels & Demons

limited government?

Then why the hell would you ever vote for Dubya?

The question in this topic is not "Which candidate do you support and why?" The question is "Why do you identify with a specific party?"

This administration has expanded government, STARTED a war and run up huge deficits - all things that are anathema to the normal beliefs of the Republican party and why many Republicans DO NOT support Bush.

I'm Republican because the stated philosophy of the Republican Party (not the President) is for limited government.
As a Republican, I never would have gone to Iraq and would insist on a one-year plan to pull out, whether the "new government" is ready or not. I would insist on a balanced budget. I would end most federally funded scientific research. I would significantly reduce eligibility for SSI, etc. Continue and tighten welfare reforms. I would end funding for PBS and NPR. I would end corporate welfare as we know it. I would raise capital gains taxes, because I just don't understand millionaires paying a lower effective tax rate than the middle class just because their income comes from roll-over dividends and increases in the value of stock.
The one major NON-Republican expansion of federal government I would do is work to establish a national primary and secondary education system.
The stated philosophy of the Democratic Party is "If there is a problem, government can fix it by establishing a huge beaurocracy."

No representation is made opinions expressed are better than others. MSRP. WAC. Limited Time. Some Restrictions Apply. All Rights Reserved. Not FDA approved. Results not typical. Close cover before striking. Mileage may vary. Void where prohibited.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
I would raise capital gains taxes, because I just don't understand millionaires paying a lower effective tax rate than the middle class just because their income comes from roll-over dividends and increases in the value of stock.

I have to take offense on that one. If you're going to increase capital gains tax to the level of personal income tax, then you have to get rid of corporate taxation, as it already is at personal income tax levels, if not higher.

In effect the millionaires you're talking about are already taxed when the corporation pays the corporate tax, and then are taxed on the divident or on capital gain.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2