Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 236  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:
Damn it. Another taped RAW. I love it when it's live. :sad:

Oh... and it seems Joey Styles is now on the show full-time.

It's in the UK so it has to be taped.

THANK GOD!!! Coach and Lawler would've been hard to listen to.

I read the Heat results, and up to the announcers coming out. It appears only Lawler and Styles came out before RAW started, so... perhaps Coach is kicked off the RAW announce team, or he's got an angle going for the show.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:27 pm
New Server, Same X

And, I'd like to add that this is the 6th biggest thread in the Sports section with this post! Pretty good for a thread that is mainly a discussion between me and you, BTTF.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:29 pm
I'm Batman

And, I'd like to add that this is the 6th biggest thread in the Sports section with this post! Pretty good for a thread that is mainly a discussion between me and you, BTTF.

People will soon notice the genius of pro wrestling. Give them time.

Gene Snitsky gets the biggest pop of the night which is funny and sad at the same time.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:27 am
I'm Batman

A Raw and Smackdown! Production[/align]

Well I was horrendous on my Taboo Tuesday picks, but atleast the PPV itself wasn't to bad. I'm not too excited for this upcoming one, the Raw vs. Smackdown angle is alright, but nothing else is any good.

Matches:

Best of Seven for the U.S. Title
Chris Benoit vs. Booker T

This is turning into a long, boring feud already. Seven more matches, hopefully some take place at house show. I see the WWE wanting the people to see a good guy win in their first match.

Prediction: Chris Benoit, by submission

Women's Title Match
Melina vs. Trish Stratus (c)

Another WWE feud that started about one week ago. It's better than seeing Trish vs. Candice/Victoria XX though.

Prediction: Trish Stratus, by pinfall

General Manager vs. General Manager
Eric Bischoff vs. Theodore Long

I smell a rat in this match. Possibly a newcomer coming out and helping, or possibly a defect from a brand coming out and helping. Either way, Bischoff is gonna cheat.

Prediction: Eric Bischoff, by cheating

Last Man Standing Match
Triple H vs. Ric Flair

The WWE can finally give HHH a win at a PPV with this one being a non-title match. This is probably going to end up being MOTN seeing as how it was the best part about Taboo Tuesday.

Prediction: Triple H, by beating the fuck out of Ric Flair

WWE Title Match
John Cena (c) vs. Kurt Angle with Special Guest Referee Daivari

I see Cena holding the belt up until NYR where he will lose it, win the Royal Rumble, and win it back at Wrestlemania. The WWE is too predictable.

Prediction: John Cena, by pin from other referee

Classic Survivor Series Match
Raw vs. Smackdown!

I see Undertaker in this match, helping RAW to beat Smackdown! by beating their last competitor Randy Orton.

Prediction: RAW, HBK pin Orton

No surprises at this PPV, other than the one I expect to happen in the GM vs. GM match. Should be fun though.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:49 pm
New Server, Same X

Not a lot to look forward to. Six matches? One of them is GM vs. GM, so it's really five matches. The women's title match won't last long. I'm really sick of the Cena/Angle feud. I'll actually be happy when the RAW and Smackdown guys are on their own shows again. Triple H and Ric Flair is the only match I'm looking forward to, but I've never been a fan of Last Man Standing. Sure, the brutality is great, but there's something anticlimatic about a 10-count deciding the fate of the match.

And don't get me started on the Best-of-Seven thing with Benoit and Booker. It's going to be a looooooooooong feud.

Bring on 2006, bring on the Rumble, and bring on Wrestlemania.

Oh, and I agree with all your predictions, BTTF. Now, if Melina was on RAW, I might think she'd win the Women's title (Trish has had it for almost 11 months), but she needs to stay with Mercury and Nitro, and I doubt they'll be going to RAW, so... unless WWE is looking to give Christy Hemme, Jillian Hall and Stacy Keibler some title shots, I'll assume Trish might actually hold the title for a full year.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:17 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Not a lot to look forward to. Six matches? One of them is GM vs. GM, so it's really five matches. The women's title match won't last long. I'm really sick of the Cena/Angle feud. I'll actually be happy when the RAW and Smackdown guys are on their own shows again. Triple H and Ric Flair is the only match I'm looking forward to, but I've never been a fan of Last Man Standing. Sure, the brutality is great, but there's something anticlimatic about a 10-count deciding the fate of the match.

And don't get me started on the Best-of-Seven thing with Benoit and Booker. It's going to be a looooooooooong feud.

Bring on 2006, bring on the Rumble, and bring on Wrestlemania.

Oh, and I agree with all your predictions, BTTF. Now, if Melina was on RAW, I might think she'd win the Women's title (Trish has had it for almost 11 months), but she needs to stay with Mercury and Nitro, and I doubt they'll be going to RAW, so... unless WWE is looking to give Christy Hemme, Jillian Hall and Stacy Keibler some title shots, I'll assume Trish might actually hold the title for a full year.

There was a time when I used to order WWE PPV's all the time, but ever since the writers and the scripts began to suck, I don't even tune in anymore and the whole Diva thing really is monotonous.. However, I would consider ordering WM XXII If the Immortal HULK HOGAN Returns to put away STONE COLD Steve Austin and his crybaby, not getting his way and taking his ball and going home antics, once and for all.. If both Men face one another, look to see The HULKSTER put him away like he did with HBK which was Awesome.. I just watched that match again today and when Michaels firmly planted that Super kick on Hogan's mouth along with the chair shot and HOGAN kicked out, the crowd went crazy, along with some stunned HBK fans who couldn't believe he kicked out of it and clearly beat him.. For the most part, HOGAN towered over him like a father bitch slapping his kid and HBK nearly crying in the end, but that's the way it goes and that's how it will go down with HOGAN vs AUSTIN with AUSTIN taking his beer and going home..

Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:32 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

There was a time when I used to order WWE PPV's all the time, but ever since the writers and the scripts began to suck, I don't even tune in anymore and the whole Diva thing really is monotonous.. However, I would consider ordering WM XXII If the Immortal HULK HOGAN Returns to put away STONE COLD Steve Austin and his crybaby, not getting his way and taking his ball and going home antics, once and for all.. If both Men face one another, look to see The HULKSTER put him away like he did with HBK which was Awesome.. I just watched that match again today and when Michaels firmly planted that Super kick on Hogan's mouth along with the chair shot and HOGAN kicked out, the crowd went crazy, along with some stunned HBK fans who couldn't believe he kicked out of it and clearly beat him.. For the most part, HOGAN towered over him like a father bitch slapping his kid and HBK nearly crying in the end, but that's the way it goes and that's how it will go down with HOGAN vs AUSTIN with AUSTIN taking his beer and going home..

What happened to HBK is exactly what Austin does not want to happen to him. I doubt we'll see this match at Wrestlemania, unless Austin wins it. And I don't think Hogan would want that, either. So, I really don't know if we'll ever see the match. I doubt fans would be satisfied with a "No Contest" finish or something, and neither man wants to lay down for the other.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:09 pm
I'm Batman

I was sick so I couldn't go over to my friend's house to watch it. I had other means of watching it though, in bad quality, but I only caught a couple of matches. I saw the last 5 minutes of Cena-Angle, all of GM vs. GM, and end of SD vs. Raw. From what I saw, it was horrendous. Cena won but with pin from SD ref, so that continues feud, the Boogeyman came out to help Long, and yes it's as stupid as it sounds, and Orton took out HBK with an RKO and then Undertaker came back after the SD roster came out to celebrate the victory.

I missed Flair vs. HHH and I read it was one of the best matches of the year. I'll have to catch that later. Booker T won, and that feud is boring anyway.

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:44 pm
New Server, Same X

You missed absolutely nothing in five of the six matches. Booker T vs. Benoit was actually LONGER than Angle vs. Cena, so that covers the WWE Title match. The first in a Best-of-Seven was pointless, and it's going to be pointless until the inevitable Match 7. Trish vs. Melina was, again, pointless. WWE could have tried something different and gave the title to Melina, but nope.

Like I said, the WWE title match was bad. I HATE it when they assign a special referee, and he doesn't even have the final say. It's KURT'S REFEREE. So, why is another ref allowed in? Stupid. Just because he's incapacitated. I would have settled for Cena slamming Daivari's hand down, 1-2-3, to win. The feud will likely NEVER end. I say bring on Hunter and Cena, and put this tired feud to rest.

The RAW vs. Smackdown match was by-the-book completely. Batista's injury hurt the match, not to mention the untimely death of Guerrero. Replacing Eddie with Lashley wasn't much, since Lashley was first to go. WWE had no plans for Lashley anyway, but I expected the big guy to last a bit longer. The only shock was Randy winning his third consecutive Survivor Series-style match in as many years. Really expected something for RAW. Undertaker's return was expected, but he looks pretty good. He's ready for "the beginning of the end".

The only standout was Flair vs. Triple H. Excellent match. Bloody, brutal, barbaric, and Match-of-the-Year quality.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:05 pm
I'm Batman

Acutally Lashley was already on the team. They replaced Eddie with Orton.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:20 pm
New Server, Same X

Acutally Lashley was already on the team. They replaced Eddie with Orton.

Oops. I didn't know that. That makes Lashley look even worse! I expected him to last just a bit longer than he did.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:19 pm
I'm Batman

That Smackdown Special was INSANE!! Better than any of the PPVs as of late.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:16 pm
I'm Batman

Booker T beat Benoit. It looked like Benoit actually got hurt, and they cut the match short.

Big Show vs. Rey ended in a No Decision. BS made a little bit of a heel turn, powerbombing Rey into Eddie's Lowrider and bringing him back into the ring for more carnage. Rey made a comeback and Kane came down to double chokeslam him. The Undertaker came out and Kane fled. Undertaker beat up BS and Kane came back but was chokeslammed as was BS. Then Orton came out of nowhere and RKO'd Taker. So Orton went to Eddie Lowrider and took out a crowbar. He hit Taker with it a couple of times and threw him on the back of the Lowrider. He then started up the car and drove it through the back of the minitron and fleeing the lowrider before it went up in smoke.

I don't expect Taker back before Armageddon again.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:43 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

BKB_The_Man wrote:

What happened to HBK is exactly what Austin does not want to happen to him. I doubt we'll see this match at Wrestlemania, unless Austin wins it. And I don't think Hogan would want that, either. So, I really don't know if we'll ever see the match. I doubt fans would be satisfied with a "No Contest" finish or something, and neither man wants to lay down for the other.

See?? And that is a damn shame that Austin would act like that since Hogan has put over so many wrestlers and did the job and layed down more than hardcore wrestling fans would admit.. If I were Vince, I'd tell Austin this is the way it's gonna be or don't come back and go over to TNA where you can cry to Jeff Jarrett over getting your way..

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:28 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

HELL IN A CELL!!! ... wait... we just had a Hell in a Cell in June. :mad: They can't have TWO cell matches in one year. There aren't two Elimination Chambers, or two Royal Rumbles.

What's with keeping the title on Batista? Instead of ACTUAL matches, we're getting a tag team match? I guess Hell in a Cell will be the main-event, but Batista should be in a title match and set to drop it. Sadly, the only main candidate is in the Hell in a Cell (Orton).

So far, for WWE Armageddon...

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker (Hell in a Cell)
Batista and Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show and Kane
MNM vs. Psichosis and Super Crazy

Not a bad card so far, if you excuse the World champion in a tag team match and yet another Hell in a Cell.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:33 pm
I'm Batman

[spoil]New Year's Revolution is a Elimination Chamber again this year. Not sure of the participants yet.[/spoil]

Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:38 pm
I'm Batman

I like the Boogeyman. I like Randy Orton. I hate Undertaker being risen again. I like the HIAC. I hate the champion in a tag-team match. And yes, Kane and Big Show are heels. No way around it.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:40 pm
New Server, Same X

SPOILERS!!!

[spoil]New Year's Revolution is a Elimination Chamber again this year. Not sure of the participants yet.[/spoil]

Great choice. Looks like NYR has become the Elimination Chamber PPV. Who do you think will participate? Obviously Cena and Angle. Masters, probably. Carlito. I'm thinking Triple H might go in, if he's not in a third match with Ric Flair. But, that's four heels and one babyface. I wonder who the sixth babyface could be... obvious choice is Shawn Michaels, but he should focus on feuds with other guys and stay out of the WWE Title picture, unless he's in the running to actually win the title. If Chris Jericho was coming back, it would be a perfect chance for him to make a big return, but I doubt it.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:13 am
New Server, Same X

I like the Boogeyman. I like Randy Orton. I hate Undertaker being risen again. I like the HIAC. I hate the champion in a tag-team match. And yes, Kane and Big Show are heels. No way around it.

They're heels now?! They were babyfaces on RAW. Did I miss that much between the Smackdown special and Smackdown? I had to download the special, and I taped Smackdown last night (I read the spoilers, but can't remember much of what happens). Have to watch them today.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:16 am
All Star Poster

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:43 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

What do heels and babyfaces mean?

Babyface = Good guy or crowd favorite
Heel = Bad guy or guy the crowd hates

Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:49 pm
All Star Poster

hans wrote:

Ah. Thank you.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:
hans wrote:

Ah. Thank you.

No problem.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:00 pm
Star Trek XI

There heels on Smackdown. Tweeners on RAW. Llike Bret Hart was a heel in USA and a Face everywhere else in 97.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

There heels on Smackdown. Tweeners on RAW. Llike Bret Hart was a heel in USA and a Face everywhere else in 97.

I'm kind of getting tired of the whole RAW vs. Smackdown thing. It was fun for a while, but now they're drawing it out too far.

I thought JBL was a babyface when he teamed with Rey Mysterio. Apparently, he's not. I thought Big Show and Kane were faces, but they're heels on Smackdown. I hope Batista and Mysterio beat Show and Kane at Armageddon, and put an end to this RAW/Smackdown thing.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 236  Next