Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem 

Grade:
A 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
B 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem 
now we know

Post Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem is a 2023 American computer-animated superhero film directed by Jeff Rowe from a screenplay he co-wrote with Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Dan Hernandez, and Benji Samit. It is the seventh theatrical Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film and a reboot of the series. The film stars the voices of Micah Abbey, Shamon Brown Jr., Nicolas Cantu, and Brady Noon as the titular team alongside a supporting ensemble voice cast that includes Hannibal Buress, Rose Byrne, John Cena, Jackie Chan, Ice Cube, Natasia Demetriou, Ayo Edebiri, Giancarlo Esposito, Post Malone, Rogen, Paul Rudd, and Maya Rudolph. In the film, after years of being sheltered from the human world, the Turtles set out to be accepted as normal teenagers through acts of heroism. The brothers go on a hunt for a mysterious crime syndicate, but trouble arises when an army of mutants is unleashed upon them.

Mutant Mayhem was screened as a work-in-progress at the Annecy International Animation Film Festival on June 12, 2023, and was released by Paramount Pictures in the United States on August 2, 2023. It received positive reviews, with praise for its vocal performances, script and stylized animation; several critics named it the best Turtles film. A sequel and spin-off television series for Paramount+ are both in development.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:08 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem
Thought it was surprisingly strong. Animation is fantastic and was surprised to see Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross did the score which I liked during the film. Only minor complaint is kinda seemed like the turtles different characteristics weren't that differentiated as there weren't individual arcs but as is enjoyable movie.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:53 am
Hold the door!

This movie is well made and entertaining, but it’s too goofy and unfocused to be a particularly memorable animated classic for audiences older than 12.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:11 pm
Superman: The Movie

I think it's just as strong as the two Spider-Verse films. I might even give this the advantage over them because it's a lean 99 minutes, whereas the two Spidey films kind of feel like they ramble on and on (more an Across problem than an Into one). And the animation never got overwhelming to the point where it made me dizzy or want to vomit.

It's sweet, charming, and the teenage voice actors are a real find. The score also kicks absolute ass.

This is easily the best movie Nickelodeon has ever produced.

Edit: I haven't seen it in years but Spielberg's Tintin might have it beat.

A-

That Seth Rogen introduction was awkward as hell. The first few seconds started off fine and probably should've ended there, but once he got into talking about journeys it became very clear he didn't write it and more importantly, the person who wrote it has clearly never heard Rogen talk before. Just the worst flowery shit.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

A+

The best TMNT movie in a long time! The best EVER!

Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:09 am
The Kramer

For most of this movie I was going back and forth between appreciating the characters, music and animation vs cringing at all the pop culture references and overly kiddy humor.

But my goodness does Mutant Mayhem have a heart-warming ending that elevates everything that came before it. Wins the title of Best Turtles Movie I've seen because of that alone.

8.3ish/10

Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:24 pm
Extraordinary

This is the TMNT movie that fans of the cartoon show have wanted for a long time. It was everything I wanted from a turtles movie and the fanbase will eat it up but also expand the audience. It will be a mini-Spider-verse but I can see a sequel really take off once more people see this one.

A

Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]