Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Elemental 

Grade:
A 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
B 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Elemental 
now we know

Post Elemental

Quote:
Elemental is a 2023 American computer-animated romantic comedy-drama film produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar Animation Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Directed by Peter Sohn and produced by Denise Ream, it was written by John Hoberg and Kat Likkel, Brenda Hsueh,[a] and Sohn with Pete Docter serving as executive producer. The overall 27th feature film produced by the studio, the film features the voices of Leah Lewis, Mamoudou Athie, Ronnie del Carmen, Shila Ommi, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Catherine O'Hara, Mason Wertheimer, Joe Pera, and Matt Yang King. Set in a world inhabited by anthropomorphic elements of nature, the story follows fire element Ember Lumen (Lewis) and water element Wade Ripple (Athie), who meet and fall in love after Wade is summoned by a plumbing accident at a convenience store owned by Ember's bigoted father Bernie (Carmen). While cannot touch each other, they must protect their identity against strong men and women and their own family while attempt to make their relationship work.

Elemental debuted out of competition as the closing film at the 76th Cannes Film Festival on May 27, 2023, and was theatrically released in the United States on June 16, in RealD 3D, 4DX, and Dolby Cinema formats.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: Elemental
This was an enjoyable if flawed film from Pixar. What they do with the premise is creative, but not enough to convince me this is a premise Pixar should’ve gone with.

The main characters were likable though I didn’t find the voice performances very memorable. Also we get to see very little of Element city.

Overall it’s on par with something like Luca. Pleasant and well made but the story is low stakes.

Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:55 pm
The Kramer

I wish I could be the perfect daughter, but I go back to the water no matter how hard I try...

Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:01 am
The Kramer

Despite the limitless amount of jokes one could make about how similar this is to other recent animated movies, Elemental is adorable and it works. Not sure why the critics were so harsh on it. Plus, I'm pretty sure Pixar has only ever made one romance movie before, and Wall-E is very heavy on the sci-fi while Elemental uses its sci-fi elements (hehe) mostly just for visual gags (which are very clever!).

So I'll give it an 8ish/10. Maybe a point or two over/under when the dust settles.

Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:13 pm
Extraordinary

Idk why but the trailers didn't do the film justice. Gorgeous animation and surprisingly sweet romance. Nothing new in terms of story but pretty enjoyable overall.

Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:33 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I loved this so much and wish I saw it theatrically. The animation was absolutely beautiful and the central romance was adorable. This is currently the year's best rom-com. A-

Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:39 pm
Profile YIM
Indiana Jones IV

I finally got the covid, so decided to give Pixar’s newest movie a shot. It’s quite adorable, beautifully animated, scored, etc…. but it’s also basic as fuck and ended up pissing me off with the romantic love tropes and painfully predictable. Basic. B-

Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

I was hoping for a little more from this. The story if it was just live action immigrants probably wouldn’t be enough to be worth making a movie about, they don’t quite give the dad racist teeth, so they have to use the flood to create some drama but it all feels pretty slight. The world building in terms of how the element world works felt like it could have been more creative. I did like the last 30 minutes and the Water family members. It’s fine but is probably one of the lesser Pixars for me, I enjoyed stuff like Luca and Onward more.

Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:13 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I've seen this multiple times thanks to Lauv's Steel the Show. The world building is derivative and voice cast doesn't add much. Having said that the love story really works and the two central characters really evolve in a short time. It's not all time Pixar but still a great movie. 8/10. Solid A-

Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]