Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Wrongfully Accused 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Wrongfully Accused 
now we know

Post Wrongfully Accused

Quote:
Wrongfully Accused is a 1998 satirical comedy film written, produced and directed by Pat Proft and starring Leslie Nielsen as a man who has been framed for murder and desperately attempts to expose the true culprits. The film is a parody of the 1993 film The Fugitive, and also parodies numerous other films. This was Richard Crenna's final film before his death in 2003.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Wrongfully Accused
I remember when this came out on video to rent at my local newsagents. I never got it out but I always wanted to. Now I've seen it, and it's quite enjoyable. When you've got the spoof master, Leslie Nielsen involved, not much can go wrong. It's not laugh-out-loud hilarious throughout, but there are more than a handful of gags that tickled me. It's nice to find a spoof that is actually good these days. And it's satirizing a huge, cultural phenomenon in The Fugitive, which makes a big difference compared to something like Super Fast! which parodies the Fast and Furious franchise; a series of movies that already knows it is ridiculous, so the jokes always feel empty and unfunny. But here it's just great to have Nielsen, with his superb deadpan physical comedy, and let him ridicule a particular genre, and the gags are in abundance. It's back to a time when you could actually laugh at stuff without everyone getting "offended". If this was made these days it would be rubbish. Everyone is too afraid to actually poke fun at things unless it's white history. That's a safe bet, which is one of the major reasons that spoof films are dead. Not that Wrongfully Accused has tons of racial or close-to-the-line jokes, but the whole endeavor oozes a relaxed 'anything goes' vibe, and it's noticeably refreshing.

One thing I never understood was why it was called Wrongfully Accused and not just Wrongly Accused. I always assumed it was part of the spoofing to have a needlessly long title. I still don't really know.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]