Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 They/Them 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1

They/Them 
now we know

Post They/Them

Quote:
They/Them (pronounced "They-Slash-Them") is a 2022 American slasher film written and directed by John Logan in his feature directorial debut, and produced by Blumhouse Productions. It stars Kevin Bacon, Carrie Preston, Anna Chlumsky, Theo Germaine, Quei Tann, Anna Lore, Monique Kim, Darwin del Fabro, Cooper Koch, and Austin Crute, and follows a group of LGBTQ teens who are targeted by a serial killer while attending a conversion camp.

The film was released for streaming on Peacock on August 5, 2022.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: They/Them
What a waste of time this was. It's a really bad slasher. Kevin Bacon lured me in but you realise pretty fast that this is a pile of crap. It takes over an hour for the first kill, and all the kills are lame as fuck - none of the weirdos are murdered, it's only the "faculty" that are taken out - so disappointing! With most of the time being spent on their "issues", calling this a horror film should be liable under the Trade Descriptions Act. And some of these actors are truly hideous. I don't even know what Darwin del Fabro is. That thing can't be human. Theo Germaine isn't much better. The film is a freak show.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Fuck Jordan. That character sucks.

I actually quite liked this but it should not have ended the way it did. I would have liked it much more if it had had the balls to stick the landing. That was a serious letdown and a missed opportunity. Honestly pisses me off.

I'll go with a B I guess but I'd be much more confident in my rating with a different ending.

Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:21 am
Wallflower

Algren wrote:
What a waste of time this was. It's a really bad slasher. Kevin Bacon lured me in but you realise pretty fast that this is a pile of crap. It takes over an hour for the first kill, and all the kills are lame as fuck - none of the weirdos are murdered, it's only the "faculty" that are taken out - so disappointing! With most of the time being spent on their "issues", calling this a horror film should be liable under the Trade Descriptions Act. And some of these actors are truly hideous. I don't even know what Darwin del Fabro is. That thing can't be human. Theo Germaine isn't much better. The film is a freak show.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You have serious fucking issues.

Also it opens with a kill scene. Sure you don't see much but it's misleading to say that it takes over an hour for the first one. It's a letdown that most are off screen though.

Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:26 am
now we know

Over an hour between kills isn't any better. You still have to sit for the majority of the movie while the mentally sick obsess over their conditions, before there's a meaningful kill.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was atrocious and borderline offensive. That "Fuckin' Perfect" scene is the stuff of nightmares and ultimately the whole thing is incredibly bland and boring. Hard to believe a 3-time Academy Award nominee is behind this. One of the the year's worst. D

Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:09 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]