Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Sundown 

Rate this film:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Sundown 
Keeping it Light

Post Sundown

Quote:
Sundown is a 2021 drama film written and directed by Michel Franco. It stars Tim Roth, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Iazua Larios, Henry Goodman, Albertine Kotting McMillan, and Samuel Bottomley. The plot follows a wealthy man (Roth) who attempts to abandon his family on vacation after the death of his mother. The film had its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival on 5 September 2021, and was released in the United States by Bleecker Street on 28 January 2022.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:29 am
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Sundown
This is a pretty subdued and to some extend comes across as a simple film, but within that simplicity there is a profound character to it that makes for a memorable experience. In the beginning the actions of Tim Roth's character seem confounding yet fascinating, but in the end it pieces together all too well. Roth and Gainsbourg are both very good in this, but the standout is really the directorial effort, presenting a calm and well timed observation of what's presented in front of the camera. I was impressed and making me instantly interested in more of Michel Franco's work. An early year favorite of mine.

A-

Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]