Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Adam Project 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Adam Project 
Veteran

Post The Adam Project
Quote:
The Adam Project is a 2022 American science fiction film action film directed by Shawn Levy, and written by Jonathan Tropper, T.S. Nowlin, Jennifer Flackett, and Mark Levin. The film stars Ryan Reynolds (who also produces), Mark Ruffalo, Jennifer Garner, Walker Scobell, Catherine Keener, and Zoe SaldaƱa.

Production on the film first began in 2012, with Tom Cruise attached to star. The film then fell into development hell until Netflix acquired the distribution rights from Paramount Pictures in July 2020. Filming commenced on November 2020 and wrapped in March 2021. The film was released on Netflix on March 11, 2022, and received mixed reviews from critics.

I was blind, but now I see.

Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:04 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: The Adam Project
This was decent, harmless fluff. All the performances were good and it's far less in-your-face-annoying than something like Free Guy. The ending is actually quite lovely and sweet. That being said it felt a bit...small scale for something of this size and budget. I'm not sure if it was because of COVID but there are really only about 8-9 actors in this movie and the setpieces are fairly low stakes. Also the less said about the horrifying Catherine Keener de-aging CGI the better. It's good for a rainy afternoon watch. B-

Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:15 pm
Profile YIM
Keeping it Light

Post Re: The Adam Project
Nice and casual film, I thought the cast worked really well and I liked how it weaves in time travel without taking the details of it too seriously. Though the ever repeating of "we shouldn't change the future" gets a bit much, there is enough levity to keep it fun all around. The kid is pretty good as essentially just a child version of Ryan Reynolds, which allows for an entertaining dynamic between the two Adams.

B

Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]