Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 C’mon C’mon 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

C’mon C’mon 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post C’mon C’mon
Quote:
C'mon C'mon is a 2021 American black-and-white drama film written and directed by Mike Mills. It stars Joaquin Phoenix, Gaby Hoffmann, Scoot McNairy, Molly Webster, Jaboukie Young-White, and Woody Norman. The film had its world premiere at the 48th Telluride Film Festival on September 2, 2021, and was released in limited theatres on November 19, 2021, by A24. It has received acclaim from critics.

Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:22 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Post Re: C’mon C’mon
For me this is the movie of the year. It’s a poetic ode to the messy art of being a human, and how relationshis, emotions, family, aging, mental illness, social norms, and memory interact uncertainly to create the tragedy and beauty of modern life. Some may find it under-stated but I was impacted deeply. A

Something profound here about growing up with the awareness of the awfulness and lack of control of the entire adult world—including how nobody knows wtf they’re doing, and we all seem to be barreling towards a fuzzy and potentially disastrous future—and how do you maintain hope, connection, innocence, and a semblance of values in the face of that?

Spoiler: show
The interview segments with real kids had me crying, grieving, and feeling immense love. Only misstep for me was the choice to segue from the closing scene into credits/silence and then interview snippets right away, as opposed to letting the closing moments land and marinate with some of the lovely score featured elsewhere.

Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:05 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: C’mon C’mon
Good just didn't leave a lasting impression which I expected from this story. Great acting from all and gorgeous cinematography.

[b]B+[\b]

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]