Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Body Brokers 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Body Brokers 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Body Brokers
Quote:
Body Brokers is a 2021 American crime thriller film written and directed by John Swab and starring Jack Kilmer, Michael Kenneth Williams, Jessica Rothe, Alice Englert, Peter Greene, Frank Grillo, and Melissa Leo.

The film was released in the United States on February 19, 2021, by Vertical Entertainment.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:29 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Body Brokers
I do not understand why would a movie enlist such a talented cast and then stay with minor characters for the entire movie. There are some great ideas in the movie but the execution focuses mostly on just recruiting new addicts which does not give enough time for the politics to kick in. The supporting cast is not only strong but brilliant here including Melissa Leo, Frank Grillo and Jessica Rothe but they are all hardly in the movie.

C+

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:32 am
Forum General

Post Re: Body Brokers
I enjoyed this, but I can see how it wouldn't be for everybody. I liked all the performances though, especially Michael Kenneth Williams who I thought was flat out great in this aswell as sleazy, greedy, corporate, scumbag Frank Grillo.

I didn't even mind the lead performance from Jack Kilmer, but he is easily the least interesting character in the movie, but thankfully you have a pretty solid supporting cast in this to help elevate his scenes like Jessica Rothe and even Peter Greene to a degree. I wasn't the biggest fan of the ending though, but I see what they were going for.

B-

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]