Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Little Fish 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Little Fish 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Little Fish
Quote:
Little Fish is a 2021 American science fiction romantic drama film directed by Chad Hartigan, from a screenplay by Mattson Tomlin. It stars Olivia Cooke, Jack O'Connell, Raúl Castillo and Soko.

It was released on February 5, 2021, by IFC Films.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:03 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Little Fish
Olivia Cooke and Jack O'Connell carry this movie exceptionally well and while the direction and screenplay are good those aren't something new or fresh. The movie makes you fall in love with these two characters and makes you believe in the struggles that they as they start to loose memories of their love. The best part is that this is not an ideal couple which makes their struggle even more interesting to unfold. Having said all that there needed to be some scenes of brilliance or emotional resonance that is a must for this kind of movie thus it relies too heavily on its leads.

B-

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:07 am
Wallflower

Post Re: Little Fish
I think this could have been fantastic. It has all of the ingredients but it doesn't quite come together perfectly. At the start of the film I had a feeling I was watching something really special. The middle though was a little hit and miss for me. I still really, really liked it. Olivia Cooke is wonderful here. Jack O'Connell is also good but she's the heart and soul of the film.

I feel like this will actually stay with me for a while. The ending is heartbreaking. I can certainly see this growing on me on a repeat viewing. There are scenes I would like to revisit now that I have all of the puzzle pieces.

Only sightly disappointing because it could have been amazing. But I really had no real expectations for this so it's still better than I would have thought it would be going into it. It's a beautiful little film.

I want to watch this again at some point and hopefully it will be even better then. I'm hoping it gets a Blu-ray release.

B+

Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]