Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Reckoning (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Reckoning (2020) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Reckoning (2020)
Quote:
The Reckoning is an 2020 adventure horror film directed by Neil Marshall, from a screenplay by Marshall, Charlotte Kirk and Edward Evers-Swindell.[2][3] It stars Kirk, Joe Anderson, Steven Waddington and Sean Pertwee. The film follows a woman accused of being a witch after losing her husband to plague. It was produced by Daniel-Konrad Cooper of Rather Good Films Ltd, Michael Marks, Steffen Wild and Esther Turan.

Filming took place in Budapest, Hungary. Both interior and exterior scenes were filmed at Fot Studios, Hungary on sets built and designed by Ian Bailie.

The film had its world premiere at the Fantasia International Film Festival on 20 August 2020.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:20 pm
Forum General

Post Re: The Reckoning (2020)
It's well made in certain aspects and has some decent moments of gore, but this is far from the return to form I wanted from Neil Marshall. Granted I didn't find it as frustrating or sloppy as the Hellboy reboot, but I just don't see why he wasted his talent on this other than him probably wanting to replicate his experiance with GOT. This kind of witch hunting period horror has been done to death though and in most instances alot better.

I wouldn't even really call this a horror film outside of a few scenes where it definitely leans more towards psychological horror, but its something I guess and it was kind of cool seeing him reteam with Sean Pertwee again, but I just hope he actually returns to making a true horror film one of thes days in the vein of his earlier work.

C

Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:06 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Reckoning (2020)
This was good in terms of execution but there are certain elements in the movie that felt could have been handled better. The themes of witchcraft are done well but the middle act with the jail scenes were frustrating. I liked the ending and escape scene was done with good tension. I just wished there were (m)any horror elements to the movie which would have made the ending a little more meaningful with the overall theme.

B-

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]