Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Night (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Night (2020) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Night (2020)
Quote:
The Night (Persian: آن شب‎, lit. 'That Night') is a 2021 psychological horror thriller film directed by Kourosh Ahari. It is a co-production between Iran and the United States, starring Shahab Hosseini (Cannes Best Actor Winner for The Salesman), Niousha Noor, Leah Oganyan, and George Maguire. The plot tells the story of an Iranian couple living in the United States, who are imprisoned in a Los Angeles hotel. The film made history as the first film produced in United States to receive permission for theatrical release in Iran since the Iranian Revolution in 1979.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:57 pm
Forum General

Post Re: The Night (2020)
It's well acted and very well made, but I really don't get the praise for this outside of the technical elements, but I guess that's nothing new these days. I found pretty much all the scares in this to be either generic or predictable and I wasn't ever really creeped out by it despite the fact that its fairly dark and atmoespheric.

C+

Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:21 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Night (2020)
This was very atmospheric but the movie goes nowhere after its sets the premise and the mid-twist was completely unearned. The acting is decent and it carries the movie for most part but the scares are so far in between and ineffective that it hardly feels like a horror movie. I liked the direction here but the story needed more creeps and twists like the one with police officer and a better resolution.

B-

Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]