Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Malcolm & Marie 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Malcolm & Marie 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Malcolm & Marie
Quote:
Malcolm & Marie is an upcoming American black-and-white drama film, written and directed by Sam Levinson. The film stars Zendaya and John David Washington as the title characters. The film was announced after it became the first feature film to be entirely written, financed and filmed in secret during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.

Malcolm & Marie is scheduled to be released in select theaters in January 2021, before being released digitally on February 5, 2021, by Netflix.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:58 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Malcolm & Marie
It becomes a bit tiresome by the end as the film is quite literally just an extended argument in real-time, but the performances are stupendous - particularly from Zendaya who I think will get an Oscar nomination. It's also a visually gorgeous movie that has some shots that will be hard to forget. B+

Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:01 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

This was good, but it definitely got a bit tiresome after a while. The performances are great though, especially Zendaya who keeps proving to me just how talented she is outside of the MCU, but JDW is no sluch either and I loved how he had some of the more showy scenes in the movie while Zendayas were the more emotional.

The cinematography is beautiful aswell and the direction is solid, but the black and white asthetic just felt like it was there for the sake of being artsy IMO and I don't think this needed to be almost two hours long when its basically just two people arguing the whole time, but atleast I was never bored.

B

Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:25 am
Extraordinary

I really liked this. Both Zendaya and Washington were excellent.

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:59 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Both the actors were excellent and the story unfolds really well here but it gets tiresome after 20 minutes and the pattern of fight-makeup/repeat does not yield any emotional resonance after middle half. The movie has better screenplay, visuals and actors than Little Fish (which is similar in terms of relying entirely on its two leads) but it has a much weaker story and feels very staged that they have to discuss all of these topics within these two hours without a break. Zendaya and Washington are both great here.

B-

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]