Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Batman: Soul of the Dragon 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Batman: Soul of the Dragon 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Batman: Soul of the Dragon
Quote:
Batman: Soul of the Dragon is an upcoming American animated direct-to-video superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment. It is the 40th film in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies line. The film is directed by Sam Liu and executive produced by Bruce Timm featuring an original story not based on any comic. It stars David Giuntoli as Bruce Wayne / Batman, Mark Dacascos as Richard Dragon, Kelly Hu as Lady Shiva, Michael Jai White as Ben Turner / Bronze Tiger, James Hong as O-Sensei, and Josh Keaton as Jeffrey Burr.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:23 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Batman: Soul of the Dragon
Its not bad but its not great as well. Very pedestrian and one which does not deserve the Batman title because he is in possibly 3 scenes of the movie. The classmates get more character development and closure here. The whole mystery isn't good and the final action scene isn't engaging enough with ending promising a sequel. Compared to the recent Superman movie this seems like a misfire though there is good enough 70's throwback action for entertainment and the movie moving at brisk pace is never boring.

C+

Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:32 am
Forum General

Post Re: Batman: Soul of the Dragon
I had no expectations going into this mostly because I didnt even know about it until today, but I honestly really enjoyed it. I wasn't crazy about the finale which is easily the weakest part of the film IMO, but the rest of it was pretty damn entertaining, especially the action sequences which are really well choreographed and the voice cast is great here too.

The retro 70's setting was a nice change of pace too and made it feel pretty unique. I definitely want to see a sequel and hopefully we get more of Mark Dacascos in the DC Animated Universe as well.

B

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]