Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Pixie 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Pixie 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Pixie
Quote:
Pixie is a 2020 British comedy thriller film directed by Barnaby Thompson. The film stars Olivia Cooke, Ben Hardy, Daryl McCormack, with Colm Meaney, and Alec Baldwin.

The film was released in the United Kingdom on 23 October 2020 by Paramount Pictures.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:07 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Pixie
Olivia Cooke is amazing in here and there are so many good things in the movie that work. I just wished it had more focus and didn't pad too many side stories then this would have been great. The three actors make the most out of their roles and share a great chemistry. Alec Baldwin also gets a great final fight scene. The reveal towards the end could have been better handled possibly be a little smart than someone revealing it out loud. I loved the balance of energy, comedy and darkness here as well.

B+

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:02 am
Forum General

Post Re: Pixie
A pretty solid British crime comedy. Olivia Cooke is definitely the standout, but all three of the main leads have pretty great chemistry. There were way too many subplots/characters IMO though and I would have loved to see more of Alec Baldwin and Colm Meaney in this instead. I was never bored, but some elements could have been handled better.

B

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]