Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 All My Life 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

All My Life 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post All My Life
Quote:
All My Life is a 2020 American romantic drama film directed by Marc Meyers, from a screenplay by Todd Rosenberg, based on the true story of Solomon Chau and Jennifer Carter, a young couple that rushes to put their wedding together after one of them is diagnosed with liver cancer. The film stars Jessica Rothe, Harry Shum Jr., Kyle Allen, Chrissie Fit, Jay Pharoah, Marielle Scott, and Keala Settle.

The film was theatrically released in the United Kingdom on October 23, 2020, and in the United States on December 4, 2020, by Universal Pictures. Critics praised the performances and chemistry of the leads, but noted the film as cliché.

Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: All My Life
Thanks to great performance and chemistry between Rothe and Shum this clichéd movie provides a decent escape. This is not particularly a great movie and even the real life concept of the movie did not give me the vibes that it merits a full length feature. The conflict other than the obvious is non-existent and the only sell that of friends helping is pretty much brushed off. The only thing that works is the leads and they really carry this movie throughout, you can go through this journey with these two guys and at times fall their heartache. As for direction and script it was bland and pretty poor.

B-

Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:48 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: All My Life
Jessica Rothe and Harry Shum Jr. are great here and have a really lovely chemistry that elevates the entire proceedings. Rothe in particular continues her winning streak as one of the industry's brightest up-and-comers. The film is a little pedestrian and certain plot elements are never really delivered on (such as Sol's friend vanishing after his diagnosis, etc.) but it's sweet and really works because of the two stars. B

Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:44 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]