Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Hunter Hunter 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Hunter Hunter 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Hunter Hunter
Quote:
Hunter Hunter is a 2020 American horror thriller film written and directed by Shawn Linden and stars Devon Sawa, Camille Sullivan, Summer H. Howell and Nick Stahl.

The film was released on December 18, 2020 by IFC Midnight in select theaters, on DVD and on demand and it received positive reviews from critics.

Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:29 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Hunter Hunter
A grim, well acted wilderness thriller that's definitely more of a slow burn, but packs a whallop of a gruesome ending. I'm sure others will get way more enjoyment out of this than I did, because while I still liked it I thought the writing was the biggest problem with this movie. The way certain characters were written bothered the hell out of me, especially the lack of communication among the family and the many poor/illogical decsions they make.

It honestly made me feel even less sypmathetic for their characters when shit really started to hit the fan in particular the wife and daughter who just began to annoy me by a certain point. I also don't understand why they spent so much time on those two cops who added absolutely nothing to the story and only play an important role at the very end. I would have liked way more scenes of character development for Devon Sawa and Nick Stahl's characters, because to me they were the only interesting/compelling characters in the movie and unfortunately they aren't in it that much.

C+

Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:26 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I loved the atmosphere and setup of this movie but wasn't a big fan of completely disjoint halves of the movie. Devon Sawa needed more screen time here and his half was superbly interesting. The second half with Nick Stahl was great but it unwinds too soon and lands with a thud in terms of reveal. Regardless the movie in both halves has some really interesting ideas I just wish it would have focused on one of these things throughout. The who is worse wolf or man is conveyed nicely though and I loved the brutal ending as well. The cops as expected in these movies were completely useless.

B

Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:15 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Mike another thriller movie where the dog is killed ;) albeit not brutally and is very touching here instead.

Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:52 am
Wallflower

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Mike another thriller movie where the dog is killed ;) albeit not brutally and is very touching here instead.

Yeah I'm actually interested in this one. I saw people on Letterboxd say if you're an animal lover to stay away so I checked that Does The Dog Die website. It gave me a description. Didn't sound too bad. I think I can handle it. :P

Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:13 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yep here it is more digestible in comparison :P

Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:49 am
Wallflower

Holy crap. That ending is badass. Honestly elevated the movie for me and has me wanting to watch it again. I would give it a "B" for now but think it could go up a bit when I watch it again.

Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:15 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I knew you would love this. Totally in your wheelhouse and yes the ending is wonderful.

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:55 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Was a bit of a slow burn but I dug it. The ending was insane. B

Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:14 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]