Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Songbird (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Songbird (2020) 
Keeping it Light

Post Songbird (2020)

Quote:
Songbird is a 2020 American science fiction thriller film based on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic directed by Adam Mason, who co-wrote the screenplay with Simon Boyes, and produced by Michael Bay, Adam Goodman, Andrew Sugerman and Eben Davidson. The film stars KJ Apa, Sofia Carson, Craig Robinson, Bradley Whitford, Peter Stormare, Alexandra Daddario, Paul Walter Hauser, and Demi Moore.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:28 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Songbird (2020)
This was terrible. The plot was ridiculous as were the characters and their motivations, and it felt cheap and exploitative. Performances were fine given the limited material they had to work with, but this felt like nothing more than a cash-in on an international tragedy. Alexandra Daddario's arc felt particularly baffling, and I say that as someone who does like her. D

Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:43 am
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I am not going to waste my time with the review and would say that I agree with cory. This is trash and avoid this if you can. I am giving it a slightly better grade than cory because I felt some action scenes had enough tension and the "trapped in house" scenes were done very well.

Really sad to see Daddario waste her talent with this (FIRE YOUR AGENT!). KJ Apa needs to be careful and pick better projects as well if he really wants to translate as a serious actor from TV to movies.

D+

Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:18 am
Forum General

I didn't hate this movie, but I wouldn't call it a good movie either. I actually liked the first half of it and was at least mildly entertained throughout, but it got pretty stupid at times and the Peter Stormare character was beyond ridiculous same with Bradley Whitford's character.

I also thought it had some legitimately good scenes of tension and action and its not a badly shot movie at all IMO, but I never cared or got invested in any of the characters and I just hate seeing talented actors that I enjoy wasted like Craig Robinson, Alexandra Daddario or Paul Walter Hauser.

Also, damn has Demi Moore fell on hard times doing stuff like this.

C

Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]