Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Honest Thief 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Honest Thief 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Honest Thief
Quote:
Honest Thief is a 2020 American action-thriller film directed by Mark Williams, from a screenplay by Williams and Steve Allrich. The film stars Liam Neeson, Kate Walsh, Jai Courtney, Jeffrey Donovan, Anthony Ramos and Robert Patrick, and follows a former bank robber who turns himself into authorities, only to be set up by them.

Honest Thief was theatrically released, including in IMAX, in the United States on October 16, 2020, by Open Road Films and Briarcliff Entertainment. The film received mixed reviews from critics who praised Neeson's performance but noted the film's familiarity.

Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:41 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Honest Thief
This has a decent and simple story but its devoid of any thrills, tension and surprises needed for this kind of movie. Liam Neeson is great in here specially in hand to hand combat scenes but its difficult for him to run and its clear in the few scenes that he is required to do so. Jai Courtney is actually quite decent as a dirty cop. There is a good chemistry between Neeson and Walsh but the story does not give enough time for their love story to make it believable.

C

Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:37 am
Forum General

Post Re: Honest Thief
I liked it, but its fairly generic and pretty forgettable. The scenes between Neeson and Walsh were really charming/cute and I definitely bought into their relationship, but it felt like they didn't actually give him much to do outside of the basic stuff he does in every one of these movies nowadays. The hand to hand combat scenes were decent, but its obvious now that Neeson is just too old to do much else and you could see it everytime he had to run onscreen. I really liked this cast overall though, especially Jeffrey Donovan's character and even Jai Courtney was pretty good here as a corrupt, scumbag of a FBI agent. I would have liked way more scenes with Robert Patrick though who is easily the most wasted in this.

C+

Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]