Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Concrete Plans 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Concrete Plans 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Concrete Plans
Quote:
High in the remote Welsh mountains, five builders are brought together to renovate a sprawling old farmhouse. Housed in mouldy portacabins, tensions soon simmer between the men and the self-entitled aristocratic homeowner, as well as amongst the rag tag group of men themselves. World-weary old timer Dave and kindly Foreman Bob try to keep the peace. But his nephew Steve falls under the malign influence of bigot Jim, the pair taking a dislike to Viktor, a Ukranian labourer. As the weather closes in and payments are late, tempers fray. Blood is spilled. As the blue-collar men are confronted with an increasingly dark spiral of moral choices, Jim makes an astonishing proposition. :mer:

Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:07 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Concrete Plans
A solid British thriller. It's a bit of a slow burn and gets cliché at times, but I found it very well acted and compelling from beginning to end. The limited locations are used really well too and the movie always has a dark, tense, claustrophobic atmosphere. There's not a whole lot of gore either, but I was satisfied with what little we got which was still quite gruesome and disturbing.

B

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:26 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Concrete Plans
The premise had so much potential and while there are some really good scenes with gore I found that it lacked tension between the characters and comedy interjected at wrong times took me out of it. The finale was also disappointing for me. I would have liked it more if the torture scenes were longer and more effective specially in the middle half and bit more tension among who will flip among the five.

C+

Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]