Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Girl (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Girl (2020) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Girl (2020)
Quote:
Girl is a 2020 thriller film written and directed by Chad Faust. The films stars Bella Thorne as a young woman known only as Girl, who returns to her hometown with the intention of murdering her abusive father, only to discover that somebody else has already murdered him by the time she arrives.

The film's cast also includes Faust, Elizabeth Saunders, Mickey Rourke, and Glen Gould. The film was shot in 2019 in Sudbury, Ontario.

The film premiered on September 25, 2020, both in the United States at the Fantastic Fest in Austin as part of the online lineup, and with a socially distanced gala screening at the Cinéfest Sudbury International Film Festival before being added to that festival's online platform.

It is scheduled to be released in select theaters on November 20, 2020, and through video on demand on November 24 in the United States by Screen Media Films.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:21 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Girl (2020)
A really solid central performance from Bella Thorne could only do so much to elevate this backwoods thriller, but I can't say I was ever bored and the twist in the third act was definitely something that I didn't see coming. Mickey Rourke is pretty solid is this too and really gave me creeps at times, although that might have more to do with his look than his performance. Chad Faust surprised me as well even though I know I've seen him in other stuff this is the first time he has really stood out to me performance wise and he didn't do a bad job behind the camera either.

C+

Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:37 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Its a solid nice thriller that never lets up but its also too generic and there is virtually no setup before so its hard to root for any of the characters. Bella Thorne was great in this but I never once felt her to be this badass that the movie wants to show at times. Mickey Rourke's looks were creepy but I didn't really find him menacing, Chad Faust was badass in his scenes and really stands out, and I liked his direction as well though needed a bit tighter script. The twist was decent but nothing special, with a few more character development and better chase scenes this could have been a solid B movie.

C+

Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:08 am
Wallflower

I used to have such a crush on Chad Faust way back when he was in Saved! and The Ranch. I'll have to check this out. Reviews are surprisingly not bad.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]