Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 May the Devil Take You 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

May the Devil Take You 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post May the Devil Take You
Quote:
May the Devil Take You (Indonesian: Sebelum Iblis Menjemput) is a 2018 Indonesian horror film written and directed by Timo Tjahjanto.The story follows Alfie (Chelsea Islan) who, when trying to find answers to her father's (Ray Sahetapy) mysterious illness, visits his old house and finds out events from his past.

The film was internationally released by Netflix on 9 August 2018 and premiered at the 75th Venice International Film Festival on 3 September 2018. A sequel, May the Devil Take You: Chapter Two, was released in 2020. Tjahjanto wrote and produced the sequel, while William Chandra replaced him as director.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:47 pm
Forum General

Post Re: May the Devil Take You
This movie is essentially Sam Raimi's Evil Dead with an Indonesian twist and it actually works for the most part. I'm glad I re-watched it before I watched the sequel because now I know why I enjoyed it so much when I first saw it and that's definitely due to this director's very energetic, inspired sense of style when it comes to the direction. I just loved the way he moves the camera during the action/horror sequences which can be quite frenetic at times, but that only made those sequences more exciting IMO on top of the really solid, practical make-up and gore effects. The main character played by Chelsea Islan is pretty likable and sympathetic too even if she's not completely innocent either.

B

Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:08 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: May the Devil Take You
This was great movie. I only watched this because of Dil's review and ended up loving this specially for the haunted house settings and the horror scenes that keep on coming one after another. The movie does lack from its low budget but practical effects are used to perfection here. There is a decent story behind and most of the times its pretty well acted.

B+

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]